Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks ...

Was just curious if anyone actually had a chance to test drive a :mblogoblack: CLA250 in US ( preferably east-coast ) ...

Please let me know !!! Thanks !

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello folks ...

Was just curious if anyone actually had a chance to test drive a :mblogoblack: CLA250 in US ( preferably east-coast ) ...

Please let me know !!! Thanks !
Yes, drive them on a daily basis ..... :) What would you like to know?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nicee !!! How is the pick-up ??? I am very curious about it, as the horsepower is not that great when compared to other car's .... I'm kinda worried .. does it respond quick??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nicee !!! How is the pick-up ??? I am very curious about it, as the horsepower is not that great when compared to other car's .... I'm kinda worried .. does it respond quick??
Well, it dose have a little turbo lag off the start...that I feel all MB do. But, over all the pickup is nice. When diving the car it responds quick, and get up nice! Also as it's the first FWD MB the torque steer is not bad. On the HP .....the 208HP moves the car very good! My wife has a C250 180HP and the CLA is 208HP and about a 1,000 pound lighter then the C class and feels ilke a little rocket....and the AMG that is just a BEAST!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I attended the CLA / S class ride and drive in Kansas City this afternoon and I would be glad to answer any questions anyone has about the CLA!

Firstly, let me say that this is a visually stunning automobile!!! There is absolutely no doubt that MB has not taken any short cuts on the design of the CLA. The exterior is beautifully sculpted and the diamond square grill is something that must be seen in person to appreciate.

The interior is fresh and very fluid, yet will quickly feel familiar to anyone who drives a Mercedes. Visibility is surprisingly good and I would describe the interior space as ample ( maybe slightly less than a c class sedan but definitely larger than a c coupe) headroom in the rear may be an issue for those over 6 ft but at 5'11 I was still comfortable in the rear and found the driver and passenger seat quite roomy.

On to the good part ....
If you are concerned about the front wheel drive torque steer ... Don't be!!! If there is any torque steer it is not detectable at any sane speed ... Not that I went over the speed limit in a Mercedes test vehicle;) ... I would describe the ride as comfortable with a great feel for the road. With a drag coefficient of .23 ( lowest of any production vehicle) you can imagine there is virtually no wind noise.
The responsiveness was excellent and I was surprised at the torque and acceleration! Cornering and handling are impressive and the wet plate Dual Clutch Transmission was both smooth and responsive without the hesitation at low rpms that some dry plate DCT are notorious for. The CLA seemed to handle everything we threw at it with ease and confidence. I can hardly imagine that anyone will not be impressed with the performance of this car and to be honest, at the price tag and considering that it FWD i was skeptical. In the the end I was dually impressed and I think the general consensus was "better, faster, sexier than I thought."

Side note: there is an appreciable difference between sport and economy mode! Be sure that when you test drive this car you drive in both!

This may be a funny comparison but... I feel like the CLA is like a wine or dessert sampler... It gives you a taste of everything Mercedes offers... It has luxury, style, performance, safety, technology, world class engineering ... As much luxury as an S class ... no!
As much performance as an SLS ...no!

Will you get your money's worth... Every single penny!!!!

The CLA is simply what more cars should be... Sexy, fun, affordable, safe. Isn't that what we all want?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.