Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I am very happy, I recently received my CLA250. IT is gorgeous and I am very happy with it.

I have a question about the distance warning feature since I don't know exactly when or under which conditions I should see that.

Yesterday, I tried it on the highway. I got really close to a few cars but the warning sign never went on (yes, I checked and the status on the dashboard says "enabled").

How close do I have to be for it to warn me? Is there any speed range where it gets activated? Anybody has any video showing this functionality?

Thank you!

·
Registered
230 Posts
From memory it starts working at speeds greater than about. 20 mph. If you are less than say 2 average car lengths distance from a car in front at about 70 mph you will see a red symbol light up on the dash inside the speedo . Mine ably beeps if it thinks I am going to collide with another object . What I mean here is that say I am in the outside land of a two lane road and there is a corner in the lanes and say a car is in front of my car and due to the slight turn towards my car say a right hand turn then an alarm will sound.

The system uses forward facing radar to detect objects in front and slightly to the sides.

The alarm sound sometimes appears to go off for no apparent reason but I believe it thinks a collision is possible.

Probably safer to test the system in slow say. 25 mpg traffic which we have a lot of in the UK . If you get too close according to the system the red light will show.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts