Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I recently received my CLA250. IT is gorgeous and I am very happy with it!

I have a question about the distance warning feature since I don't know exactly when or under which conditions I should see that.

Yesterday, I tried it on the highway. I got really close to a few cars but the warning sign never went on (yes, I checked and the status on the dashboard says "enabled").

How close do I have to be for it to warn me? Is there any speed range where it gets activated? Anybody has any video showing this functionality?

Thank you!

·
Registered
122 Posts
consult your user manual, it clearly stipulates how this assist function operates.

Mercedes-Benz CLA220 CDI AMG Sport (14th Sep) in Cirrus White
Pano Sunroof; Exclusive Interior Package; Memory Package; Mirror Package; Intelligent Light System; Drive-kit Plus... yummy yum yum!

Sent from my iPad using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
108 Posts
Guys, I don't think he's talking about Distronic. He's talking about the standard built in feature called "Collision Prevention Assist"

I got this from the MB Build Your CLA Site:
COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
Radar-based technology alerts you if you're approaching a vehicle ahead, or even some stationary objects, at a speed and distance that suggest a collision is likely. Its Adaptive Brake Assist automatically provides the ideal level of braking as soon as the driver steps on the brake pedal, to help prevent a collision or reduce its severity.

I'm curious myself how that would work. Because there's a Collision Prevention Assist PLUS on the Driver Assistance Package. Hm

·
Registered
67 Posts
It won't work unless your foot is already on the brake. It will apply what it thinks is the correct amount of break. I felt it in the short bit between highway and dealership when coming up to stop lights - the car applied more braking power for me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly, I am talking about the basic feature "distance warning". My car is not equiped with distronic plus.

I am expecting to see a warning sign when approaching a car at hight speed or by going too close to it. To be hones I have tried some stupid moves to force the warning sign to appear but I haven't seen it yet. Has any of you with a standard CLA equipment seen the warning sign on in any moment?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts