Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help? I have checked my instrument cluster in between speedometers and followed instructions to the active assist for the cruise control that displays a picture of the car on a road, on the YouTube instructions it displays meter spacing distances along the side of the Rd but on mine it doesn’t? How do I know if my cla has the radar cruise distance assist matching speed of car in front?
Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
Can anyone help? I have checked my instrument cluster in between speedometers and followed instructions to the active assist for the cruise control that displays a picture of the car on a road, on the YouTube instructions it displays meter spacing distances along the side of the Rd but on mine it doesn’t? How do I know if my cla has the radar cruise distance assist matching speed of car in front?
Thanks
The easiest way to find out is by looking at the star at the front. The radar sensor is located inside the glass star. If your star isn’t glass, then it doesn’t have Distronic Plus.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s brilliant thanks for your reply.
I don’t think mine is glass but it does tell me when I’m too close to other cars and brakes for me and also displays the mini car in the cluster as if it did but noticed a few minor differences like the missing distances on road image. Thanks for your help really appreciated, gutted I don’t have the plus now lol ?

·
Registered
392 Posts
That’s brilliant thanks for your reply.
I don’t think mine is glass but it does tell me when I’m too close to other cars and brakes for me and also displays the mini car in the cluster as if it did but noticed a few minor differences like the missing distances on road image. Thanks for your help really appreciated, gutted I don’t have the plus now lol
There is a small camera on the front windshield that is for collission prevention/avoidance.

Not having Distronic Plus not a huge loss as MB didn’t go that great of a job on designing it for the CLA. In stop and go traffic, it would come up super close to the car in front and then hit the brakes hard. Most of the time it freaks out passengers who don’t know about Distronic, and I always wonder if it’ll ever fail on me at the worst time.

I have adaptive cruise control on my Ford F-150 Raptor, and it’s much better in my opinion (braking and acceleration are both smooth and gradual).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaa I see I think I noticed that when cleaning it earlier. I no what you mean as I felt anxious the first time I allowed it to park itself so travelling at speed relying on the car maintaining distance is a big anxiety and risk lol. Is that the Ford raptor pick up? That is an amazing vehicle and my desire to have one in the future after seeing it on top gear few years ago, unbelievable car. I have all terrain in my blood being x army and really miss off-roading ??

·
Registered
392 Posts
Aaa I see I think I noticed that when cleaning it earlier. I no what you mean as I felt anxious the first time I allowed it to park itself so travelling at speed relying on the car maintaining distance is a big anxiety and risk lol. Is that the Ford raptor pick up? That is an amazing vehicle and my desire to have one in the future after seeing it on top gear few years ago, unbelievable car. I have all terrain in my blood being x army and really miss off-roading
Yep. The Raptor is a beast. In the U.S., if you buy a new Raptor, Ford invites you to a Ford driving school where they’ll let you beat the crap out of their Raptors. I went last month and had a blast. This is me during the “jumping” coarse.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow that’s great! Sounds like an amazing experience I would love that they need to do it here in Uk. If you don’t mind me asking what’s the price like on them over there? There’s so many mods for them I’d have mine fully kitted out, I like hunting and all outdoors fun can’t beat a good off road beast that can tackle anything ??

·
Registered
392 Posts
Wow that’s great! Sounds like an amazing experience I would love that they need to do it here in Uk. If you don’t mind me asking what’s the price like on them over there? There’s so many mods for them I’d have mine fully kitted out, I like hunting and all outdoors fun can’t beat a good off road beast that can tackle anything
Around $75k + tax (10% in my state).

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ye sounds about similar for Uk with conversion.
I think you’re talking about the Ranger Raptor (which we don’t have in the states). I think the F-150 Raptor might be too big for Europeans... here is an article of a RHD conversion, and the price is crazy...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a beautiful car, I’ve always loved the American pickups. Big monsters with beastly engines and kitted out for the job. Wish we had the same concept over here just a shame our roads aren’t big enough

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
you never know ... benz might take their current pickup and tweak it up properly (instead of cross platforming)

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
There is a small camera on the front windshield that is for collission prevention/avoidance.

Not having Distronic Plus not a huge loss as MB didn’t go that great of a job on designing it for the CLA. In stop and go traffic, it would come up super close to the car in front and then hit the brakes hard. Most of the time it freaks out passengers who don’t know about Distronic, and I always wonder if it’ll ever fail on me at the worst time.

I have adaptive cruise control on my Ford F-150 Raptor, and it’s much better in my opinion (braking and acceleration are both smooth and gradual).
I can't address the relative merits with the Raptor, but I can offer a suggestion on the CLA's Distronic Plus if you think it follows too close:

You can adjust your car's relative following distance by twisting the Distronic stem, in a similar fashion to how you adjust intermittent windshield washers on many cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you never know ... benz might take their current pickup and tweak it up properly (instead of cross platforming)
Now that would be good but I doubt they will do that any time soon but it definitely needs some work your right!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts