Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently I got non running 2014 cla250. I am trying to bring it back to life and I am doing. I am replacing thermostat and water pump. I found hole in my thermostat. I wonder if anyone has any tips on replacing water pump. How do you separate pump from metal pipe. I got all screws removed from pipe, is there tool or just use rubbet mallet. I saw 2014 Mercedes CLA 250 Water Pump Replacement video but doe not cover the procedure in detail.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
@tritron
You are already following @Weps thread "Any DIY air intakes out there?"
Take a look at comments #34 & 35.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
OK, maybe @Weps can help you if you ask over there. As you saw, he has already completed the install.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dont go for it if you're not that patient or you just dont have enough time, the tools you need and also the knowledge... it's a pain in the ass kinda.
I had it in garage, got to work on it couple days because I just couldnt/knew what to do first and let it over night as it was, came back in the morning. If you usually work on your cars or think you can do it, you have a link here with kind of a tutorial. I wish I had that when I did it...

Also, the water pump is getting bad because of the actuator that open and close the pump itself. It gets all the dirt from the engine bay and that's why it happens. If you think you can clean it, go for it and dont spend on another water pump as it tends to be outrageously pricey... but if you want to be happy in the end and dont think it wont work, go for it.

PS: I bought that pipe/nozzle too just to be sure I wont have any more problems with it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Weps How did you separated metal pipe from water pump. I have my car a part. I remove old thermostat now. Now I need to install new oil separator a pain. I also need to oil filter housing OI broke coolant inlet. I got all the parts. I replaced my sparkplugs someone covered them in car polish compound. I was missing two tubes other two where messed up

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have fun with that, it's a struggle. Not sure if you're asking for the outlet, like the one that goes on the back to the thermostat. It has an o-ring that needs to be lubricated so it can slide in. Also in the engine block... same thing

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think this is what you're asking for. Have a look over this, it explains it really well

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
pity the disassembly portion was not documented ... though as we now know it is a bit of a pain
so about that water pump vacuum actuator concern, this is interesting:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah, my bad for that tho. I just did a 'lets do it' job without having much knowledge about it...
And about the pump engineering/design... that's the worst thing I've ever seen, just as did guy is saying... poor choices

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I removed water pump, it seems the actuator is not stuck and I replacing it for peace of mind. My thermostat has hole in it with spring sticking out. Now I just need to replace oil filter body and oil separator. I found out that new water pump hose that goes to engine is cracked. I wonder if vacuum pump goes bad ? Does anyone have part for water pump air hose?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had installed new water pump torqued to 20 nm . Now i need to install all new coolant and oil lines to turbo. What the best way to clean them openings ?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Gentle lint free cloth wipe?
Then flush the hell out of the system with distilled water before using final coolant mix

1 - 13 of 13 Posts