Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very easy install will work for Pedal Commander, Sprint Booster, and whatever else is out there. Pedal Commander can be found here:
Throttle Controller for Mercedes C117 CLA45 AMG 360ps by Pedal Commander Germany | eBay

Sprint Booster part number is SPR2086A

Both do same thing, as of now Pedal Commander is less expensive and even though it's out of country it shipped in two business days to east coast.

First remove screws holding lower kick panel in place to allow a little more room to a pretty tight area. 2 reverse torx head screws
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Grille Vehicle

Yellow Flame

8mm socket will work fine
Auto part Microphone Audio equipment Automotive engine part Spark plug

Then move panel out of the way and remove stock plug from above gas pedal
Auto part Tire Fuel line Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Auto part Machine

Next install stock harness inline with throttle box harness and then insert throttle box plug into socket above gas pedal
Auto part Fictional character Action figure Suspension Wheel

Vehicle Auto part Car Family car

Secure wire so that it doesn't interfere with anything and route under steering column or wherever you want to locate module
Auto part Engine

Vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior Car Auto part

Reinstall kick panel and you're done
Vehicle Car Auto part Technology

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Automotive lighting Light Vehicle Car Family car

Steering part Steering wheel Vehicle Car Auto part

Vehicle Car Auto part Family car

Vehicle Car Auto part Wheel Family car

Very easy. My reason for going with one over other was slow response from sprint booster for part number needed. I haven't had any issues with this unit. The seller's feedback was good and I ended up receiving it very fast. For the price I'd go with it again. There's three modes: Sport, Sport +, Eco, and if you hit mode again you can just bypass unit by turning it off. You can increase or decrease sensitivity to each mode by hitting + or - while in selected mode.

· Registered
344 Posts
Will this void warranty? I guess u can just disconnect it wen bringing to dealership? Also will this work with 250?

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will this void warranty? I guess u can just disconnect it wen bringing to dealership? Also will this work with 250?
1- IDK, but if you have to ask...
2-Yes, dealer time isn't play time. I recommend anything plug & play to be put away before visiting
3-IDK on either models, but from the response I got from sprint booster I gather it works for all models as it works for all C class models. I can only assume it's the same for pedal commander. Contacting the mfg is what I would do even though it's just a TPS mod and I don't see why AMG would have a different module than any other CLA to tell how far you pushed the pedal.

· Registered
2,921 Posts
And they would know you have this how ?
Say you had an accident and the investigator found the box attached.
As usual, if you don't have an accident and don't take the car to the dealer with the box still attached, you should not have an issue.
My question all along is simply this: why would a manufacturer not "map" the throttle response properly as this would be simple as 1-2-3 ?
My M3 has a "M" button that allows you to customize the way the car is set up. One feature is a much faster throttle response that completely changes the
characteristic of the vehicle. It is far more punchy and feels much quicker at any speed or in any gear. The down side is jerkiness. It becomes difficult to drive the car smoothly.
And a noticeable increase in fuel consumption. May be that's why MB programs the CLA the way it is.

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
great job on the DIY, any tips on getting the stock connector off? even with the panel off its pretty tight in there and it doesn't help with the housing in the way.
The image I posted that points at the tab. If you have a set of electrical probes, dental picks, maybe use that to push tab in while pulling up on harness. I wear a size large glove, but can squeeze into a medium uncomfortably. It was tight getting to it, I scratched my hands up a little. Usually do with any of this kind of work. If you're hands are any bigger than mine, maybe ask your better half for some help lol, definitely try using a tool to depress tab though.

· Registered
22 Posts
The image I posted that points at the tab. If you have a set of electrical probes, dental picks, maybe use that to push tab in while pulling up on harness. I wear a size large glove, but can squeeze into a medium uncomfortably. It was tight getting to it, I scratched my hands up a little. Usually do with any of this kind of work. If you're hands are any bigger than mine, maybe ask your better half for some help lol, definitely try using a tool to depress tab though.
thanks Pete....will give it a shot, already found physically the best way to get underneath the throttle is to put the seat all the way back and lay on the floor.... now to get both hands in there is my next circus trick!

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks Pete....will give it a shot, already found physically the best way to get underneath the throttle is to put the seat all the way back and lay on the floor.... now to get both hands in there is my next circus trick!
Yes, always end up light headed and upside down lol. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it once you get the entrance angle right.

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been at this for nearly 50 minutes and just cant seem to get both my hands in there to remove the plug. Is there a way to remove the gas pedal assembly and trying that way?
Try using an electrical probe (dental pick) to depress the tab and pull harness up. It's been so long I don't remember whether I had both hands up in there or not. Definitely remove the lower panel if you already haven't.

Side note, I wear size large gloves so if you fit them you should have no problem. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.