Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally decided to bite-the-bullet and install the CLA under seat storage boxes. It's a fairly simple install. Admittedly the boxes don't provide a lot of storage but they are a great place to store sunglasses since I have the pano roof and no sunglasses storage compartment. Plus they really dress up the front of the seats by hiding all the under seat wiring. Here are the part numbers (ordered from benzpartsforless.com):

Qty 2: 2469101701 9H68 Storage Box (9H68 is the code for black interior; you would need your VIN to order other colors)

Qty 2: 2468600614 Retaining Rail/Bracket

Qty 12: 0009903111 Screw ( 4-screws for each bracket; 2-screws to mount each box to the bracket)

Tools:

T25 Torx for the screws

E12 Female Torx Socket (should be able to use a 10mm socket if you don't have the female torx socket)

Storage Box.jpg

Step 1:

Move seat to the forward position and remove the seat rail covers by pulling the bracket to the inside and then rearward.

Step 2:

Remove torx screws/bolts

IMG_0730.JPG

Step 3:

Move seat to the rearward position and remove the seat rail covers by pulling them forward.

Step 4:

Remove torx screws/bolts

IMG_0732.JPG

Step 5:

Tilt seat backwards and install the retaining rail/bracket with 4 torx screws. There are tabs on the front of the bracket that help line it up with the 4 holes in the bottom of the seat. The rear screws are a pain to install. A suggestion would be to magnetize your torx driver so that the screw remains in place in the driver while you position it into the bracket/seat hole.

IMG_0738.JPG

Step 6:

Install the storage box on the bracket by inserting the rear tabs into the upper slots in the bracket and then install 2 screws through the box bottom flange to the rail/bracket.

Step 7:

Reposition the seat down and replace the seat screws/bolts and rail covers.

Step 8:

Repeat process for other seat.

Enjoy.

Storage Box Complete.jpg

·
Registered
383 Posts
DIY: Under Seat Storage Box Installation

Just curious what it cost for each side. I ordered mine from over seas at $125 a side but I will pick them up.

Sent from my iPad using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious what it cost for each side. I ordered mine from over seas at $125 a side but I will pick them up.

Sent from my iPad using Mercedes CLA Forum
$85.05 for box and bracket. I already had the screws in my stash. I was able to get shipping for free but it would normally be approx. $9.15 each.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Might as well order them from them for that price. I tried to search for the part but it doesn't let me. How you do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
431 Posts
I always like DIY threads! However, for me a $250-ish upgrade on a car that I'm leasing doesn't make much sense. If I owned the car, I'd do it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Any idea if this will work with the RACARO seat option?
No idea, but I'm guessing it will fit just fine. I'd be surprised if MB had different mounting brackets for each seat type.

Much more cost effective to just have a single, universal set of seat brackets for *all* seat types.

·
Registered
383 Posts
That website doesn't let you select CLA so did you email them the requests for parts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
i think this looks best with the black leather or black mb tex seats.. I think it might stand out too much with ash or beige seats.. well unless the bottom portion was black plastic anyways... I just wish it was a bit more hidden and didint stick out so much..

·
Registered
447 Posts
Looks great. I might consider it myself. Do you happen to have a picture of it from distance. Would like to see how it looks as a whole seat.

Thanks!

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 129 Posts