Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is about the same. I feel like the car doesn’t automatically move forward enough when I am stopped and take my foot off the break. I have to rev to get the car moving. Plus I feel like the car takes a bit long to rev enough to get moving. I was assuming the idle might just be set low but I’m not sure. The car runs fine etc I just want it to be a bit more responsive when I want to move forward. Not sure if you have the same problem?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine is about the same. I feel like the car doesn’t automatically move forward enough when I am stopped and take my foot off the break. I have to rev to get the car moving. Plus I feel like the car takes a bit long to rev enough to get moving. I was assuming the idle might just be set low but I’m not sure. The car runs fine etc I just want it to be a bit more responsive when I want to move forward. Not sure if you have the same problem?
Yeah sometimes it is a bit dead.

Sport mode sorts out the throttle however makes gear changes horrible when pootling around.

A pedal box may be what you are after

Search race chip or dtuk pedal box. That will increase throttle response

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Hi guys,

the idle on my cla seems very low and I want to turn it up a bit. Is this easy to do or do I need to take it to a garage?
Why would you want to increase the idle rpm? If it's running ~ 750rpm, that is the normal operating rpm.

In any case, this car is computer controlled, and programmed to run according to factory's "optimized" settings, for a good balance between fuel economy, warming up the engine in good time. Hence you won't be able to tinker it unless you have one of the mercedes computers that hook up to the ECU and which has override priority.

Car doesn't roll off immediately from the start once the brakes are released, is normal. Mine does that that too, and a number of cars I owned does that too.

Reactions: pa4ul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah sometimes it is a bit dead.

Sport mode sorts out the throttle however makes gear changes horrible when pootling around.

A pedal box may be what you are after

Search race chip or dtuk pedal box. That will increase throttle response
Thanks mate I’ve been looking at these today. I think one of these will do the trick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would you want to increase the idle rpm? If it's running ~ 750rpm, that is the normal operating rpm.

In any case, this car is computer controlled, and programmed to run according to factory's "optimized" settings, for a good balance between fuel economy, warming up the engine in good time. Hence you won't be able to tinker it unless you have one of the mercedes computers that hook up to the ECU and which has override priority.

Car doesn't roll off immediately from the start once the brakes are released, is normal. Mine does that that too, and a number of cars I owned does that too.
The delay from the pedal is what is annoying me. I’ve been recommended to get a pedal box so I think this will do the job

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
The delay from the pedal is what is annoying me. I’ve been recommended to get a pedal box so I think this will do the job
okay, it's a preference thing, or you just want something that responded immediately to the prodding of the gas pedal. It's not an issue perse with the car.

As someone on this thread indicated, simply switch it to "sport" mode, and you will find the response to be significantly improved.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi All, just an update I bought a pedal box and installed it a few days ago. Now it drives great it’s a lot more responsive! Thanks for your help 😊

1 - 9 of 9 Posts