Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got the same issue on the sudden increase on pricing that I just learned from my dealer when I ordered the car yesterday?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hmm...wonder how true this is and if it will affect CLAs that are already at the VPCs awaiting transport to the dealerships.

BTW, where did you order your car at?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Def a large indication of MB failure to adequately market the CLA. From the start with the Super Bowl commercial the marketing of this vehicle was horrific. I can honestly say that I obtained most of the information that I now know from just being a member of this forum. Seems like everything is a secret with this car for some reason.

The extra $200 won't push me away from getting the car, but if this is true who knows what else they may change at the last minute...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Def a large indication of MB failure to adequately market the CLA. From the start with the Super Bowl commercial the marketing of this vehicle was horrific. I can honestly say that I obtained most of the information that I now know from just being a member of this forum. Seems like everything is a secret with this car for some reason.

The extra $200 won't push me away from getting the car, but if this is true who knows what else they may change at the last minute...
I think MB did not market the car by choice. There was no need to up to this point. That may change in the upcoming months.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have seen prices of different options go up on multiple occasions, Becker Map, Night package, Lighting package, wheel options....
Tell your dealer he has to eat up the 200 dollar difference or you will cancel the order... He is not gonna let that happen for just 200 bucks !

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have seen prices of different options go up on multiple occasions, Becker Map, Night package, Lighting package, wheel options....
Tell your dealer he has to eat up the 200 dollar difference or you will cancel the order... He is not gonna let that happen for just 200 bucks !
He will just sell it to someone else...

·
Registered
105 Posts
THAT'S TRUE!!! He will let the $200 fly. Has happened for us on multiple occasions. Don't let anyone tell you differently!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have to eat that hard =/ since I have put $1000 deposit already. The dealer want me to eat the cost or lose the deposit if cancelled!
But I think it is happening to everyone who will find a suprise on the up price of all packages sooner or later. It may adds up to $1000+ easily!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
YEP!!! My dealer is trying to raise the price $10,000 from what we had in writing!!
You are just joking right ? What idiot dealer would do that on a mass produced car even if it is a brand new model. Just come to my local dealership. He has 30 coming this month in a rainbow of colors and he will sell them at MSRP...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well, looks like all the packages have received some sort of increase in terms of pricing. What is really compelling a price increase on any package this late in the game...

Guess it's just MB endeavoring to obtain as much money as they can. Go MB!!!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Well, looks like all the packages have received some sort of increase in terms of pricing. What is really compelling a price increase on any package this late in the game...

Guess it's just MB endeavoring to obtain as much money as they can. Go MB!!!
They're on the forums gauging our interest. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
105 Posts
You are just joking right ? What idiot dealer would do that on a mass produced car even if it is a brand new model. Just come to my local dealership. He has 30 coming this month in a rainbow of colors and he will sell them at MSRP...
Thanks!! Which state you live? I'm SoCal/Vegas area.

If they get crazy, I'm literally ready to walk next door to Lexus. To work with my father's dealer. Leigh is fantastic (Lexus). I really want this CLA, but I've lost so much hope and trying to keep myself from getting excited anymore, either. Because I'm worried I'll get too excited and not get this car, anymore. I honestly don't think I'll be owning this car anymore. I even have a deposit down and am on the list. :/

·
Registered
105 Posts
And I'm not joking, at all. :( Told me over the phone that. Maybe because she thinks she can get away with it? She think's she's only dealing with me, a 26 year old woman. First time car buyer. However, I'm sending my father in. :) I'm just going to pay for everything.

My honest opinion.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have to eat that hard =/ since I have put $1000 deposit already. The dealer want me to eat the cost or lose the deposit if cancelled!
But I think it is happening to everyone who will find a suprise on the up price of all packages sooner or later. It may adds up to $1000+ easily!
NOOOO!!! NOT TRUE!! I asked my dealer MANY times if I lose my money if I don't want the car. She said no, many times. And even said, "This is Mercedes. We won't steal your money". That's bull! Know that! They're lying to force you into thinking you have to buy the car. And at their price, of course. No way!!! Deal with another dealer. That one is trying to swindle you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts