Premium Member
13,123 Posts
Oh i did not change the overhead console leds
I just found warm leds that matched and used that in the rear ceiling lamp
Dont want to mess with integrated source chips inside the overhead unit

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just opened my light dome to check if we could change the small smd Led with a different color temperature and this is definitely not possible. The only possible thing you could do is put a color film plastic into the light hole or inside the plastic tube if you dismount everything like I did. I wonder if we could find newer Mercedes with the same kind of dome in a junk yard and replace the dome or pcb with an updated color light.?

Circuit component Font Technology Electronic device Pattern
Green Circuit component Passive circuit component Electronic component Electronic engineering

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
yeah those are the ones which i had to work around ... had to match all the rest of the led elements to the same color temp cuz could not just replace those two
i suppose you could put a "filter" but then that dims the output quite a bit

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah those are the ones which i had to work around ... had to match all the rest of the led elements to the same color temp cuz could not just replace those two
i suppose you could put a "filter" but then that dims the output quite a bit
Y’a a blue or red will looks better than the warm yellow Oem light I will try to see the effect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know what color temperature you're going for, but I liked the amber glow of the ambient lighting in my '15 GLA, so I covered those (the LED emitters on the circuit board) with the sticky stuff you get to cover turn signals in order to get the amber-glow that I like. I also cut out little circles to cover the LED lights on the Homelink mirror to match. But, those are LED emitters soldered directly onto that circuit board, so I don't suggest messing with those unless you really know what you're doing (I don't). Filter papers like these are super-thin and can alter the color temperature of LEDs like these lights without dowsing your car in full-on color. I put something like these (in amber, of course) into the logo puddle lights in my doors to keep the "warm glow" vibe going throughout.

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
Yeah the 3000~3500K color aint too bad
Found the more white ~5000K lighting to be too harsh especially for an auto environment at night and vision adapt rates

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, I need an expert’s opinion. I plan to install led lights for car interior into my Audi a8 to create a cool atmosphere inside. After seeing some colorful cabins on the internet, I’m so inspired! I am a music lover, and it is totally one of the best pleasures for me, so I would like it to be synchronized with led-lights, it must look great, like a mini-party. But the car is expensive(I was saving money to buy it for eternity) and I’m a bit afraid to change something in it. Do you know some problems it may cause? Maybe somebody has installed it alone? Any pieces of advice? I will appreciate every comment!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts