·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
135 Posts
puddle lights

Yes, i have them installed in our car, my first set lasted about 1 year, then started to fade slightly, just installed another pair last night, works good, no problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That seller says they are not compatible with my 2015 AMG 45. Didn't know there was much difference between models in this area.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Yes, puddle lights. I have them on my car for a couple of years now and they're still working fine.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
On the bottom of the doors
Oh yes we know about those ... though I figure the point of "puddle" lights are to shine some
light on the step area *before* opening the doors like when one approaches the car ... and that
relates to the lamps in the mirrors ,,, and US versions of our CLAs do not seem to have them.
Well at least not in my 2014.

I think there may even be a thread on updating or modifying the mirrors for this?? And there
IS a thread about the "bulb" being too yellow and folks wanting to replace them with whiter
LEDs etc etc.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Correct, we don't have puddle lights just these courtesy lights that the OP posted about that everyone has been replacing it seems

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have them on mine 2014.... I believe it's only available with the upgraded lighting package option.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
I have them on mine 2014.... I believe it's only available with the upgraded lighting package option.
What MY2014 US option is that? I must have missed it ...
Went thru the order guide and aside from hid/led lamps there was nothing about puddles in the mirrors.
Maybe an Ed.1 thing?
Or that phantom production line sop of use whatever is on the tray to build (like the sunglass holder and rear vents thing)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The puddle lights under the mirrors were not available in the early NA versions (2014). There are just the lights under the front doors.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
I cant recall but *IF* the mirror lamp marker stays on when welcome lighting is selected then it would be possible to hook up a tiny white LED in parallel and mount it aircraft blinker style 😜
Nope ... the mirror lamps are on the blinker circuit only (hazard/security/turn)
Gonna have to run a whole set of wires to the mirrors AND have to trace back to the welcome lighting source line else those will be lit while driving when lights and markers are on at night
Geewhiz

1 - 20 of 44 Posts