Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, kind of new here to the forums. Just picked up my 2014 CLA45 and am having lots of fun. I currently have a Renntech ECU flash and want to replace the downpipe and go catless. I’m considering the below:

Weistec Downpipe with Midpipe - $1,000
Or
AMS Downpipe but NO midpipe - $800

What do you guys suggest? Is the midpipe really worth it as far as gains go? Lastly, will you receive a CEL with both pipes or are they engineered to not receive a CEL by spacing it out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello all, kind of new here to the forums. Just picked up my 2014 CLA45 and am having lots of fun. I currently have a Renntech ECU flash and want to replace the downpipe and go catless. I’m considering the below:

Weistec Downpipe with Midpipe - $1,000
Or
AMS Downpipe but NO midpipe - $800

What do you guys suggest? Is the midpipe really worth it as far as gains go? Lastly, will you receive a CEL with both pipes or are they engineered to not receive a CEL by spacing it out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Will you be selling your OEM catted downpipe?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so now that I have the downpipe coming and need to remove the midpipe to replace the dp, I might as well upgrade the midpipe. Does anyone only make and sell the midpipe section?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ran the Weistec downpipe and midpipe and used an O2 sensor spacer at first. Once I tuned the ECM with the Wesitec tune, I removed the spacer as the tune took care of the CEL. Absolutely loved the Weistec setup, mixed with the ASV and intake. Sold the car recently with all the Weistec parts but if I had to do it over I'd go Weistec again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts