Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a call from my dealer and they told me that they had updated information on the Drive kit plus option.

No Mercedes will be delivered with Drive kit plus, they will be installed at the dealer after the cars are delivered. This will take about two and a half hours.

image.jpg

It's currently just for iPhone 4/4S but i looks like on the picture I got that they only have to replace the iPhone connectivety cable to make the kit iPhone 5 comparible. (Or use a 3rd party cable). The official Drive kit plus will be available in Q4 with estimated delivering in January 14.

The dealer showed me some internal mercedes information so as of now this is the information your dealer will give you regarding Drive kit plus.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you're an apple guy, but did you dealer mention anything about an Android version?

TIA
I read the documentation for this product and it's just for apple devices as of now. With all det droids out there I think there will be a android version down the road. But I have no intel on this as of know. I think android units will be built in future cars like Volvo is doing in next some 2014 models with native Spotify and google maps. Since Android is Open Source that's they way to go! Would be cooler with a built in 7-inch android than any of the proprietary smart car computers.

EDIT: yes I am a Apple user.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Mercedes was working on an Android version and hoping to have it by mid-2013, but we'll see.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Mercedes was working on an Android version and hoping to have it by mid-2013, but we'll see.
That is good news for droid users. The API's needed is available to delevopers so that timeframe sounds about right.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In this video it's looks like the reviewer is connecting a IPhone 5 to the USB port in the center console and it works with Drive-kit plus.. Strange the dealers don't know this..a-class and CLA should be identical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts