Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a leftie. Usually I hold the wheel with my left hand and rest my right hand on the shift stick.

I test drove CLA-250 today and just can't figure out what to with my right hand since shift stick is on the wheel base. It was pretty awkward. Any other lefties out there? How do you guys drive CLA-250?

·
Registered
202 Posts
It took a day or two for me to get used to the stick, but I only see pros that it has its sticker there, one of the most important ones is that you DONT NEED to put the car in Parking gear when you stop it, you just take the key out and the car is in Parking gear. That you could never do when you had a normal sticker.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had the same problem...........and still sometimes do!

Still can't figure out why they just didn't put a nice auto gear shifter like the CLA45AMG in this car...........I mean for it's class there just should be a shifter.

Maybe we can retro-fit the CLA45 in the stock ones :p

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm a leftie. Usually I hold the wheel with my left hand and rest my right hand on the shift stick.

I test drove CLA-250 today and just can't figure out what to with my right hand since shift stick is on the wheel base. It was pretty awkward. Any other lefties out there? How do you guys drive CLA-250?
Put a pretty women in the passenger seat... :cool2:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had the same problem...........and still sometimes do!

Still can't figure out why they just didn't put a nice auto gear shifter like the CLA45AMG in this car...........I mean for it's class there just should be a shifter.

Maybe we can retro-fit the CLA45 in the stock ones :p
New E350 in the US have the column shifter too

·
Registered
6 Posts
I test drove it and had the same problem. i just pulled the armrest in the middle as far forward as possible and rested my arm on it. It workout out pretty well. I mentioned it to the sales person he suggested putting a water bottle in the front cup holder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts