Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the three-pointed star in the grille of my 45 gonna light up like the CLAs in the US Open commercials?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Is the three-pointed star in the grille of my 45 gonna light up like the CLAs in the US Open commercials?
I saw it somewhere about lighting option like that. But you can't be serious about wanting a lit three point logo ?
If it comes in my 45, I will rip it out and give it to your 45 for free.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I saw it somewhere about lighting option like that. But you can't be serious about wanting a lit three point logo ?
Roflmao. +1^

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I only see one benefit to it. Going to a club late at night with the star clearly lit up showing all the ladies that you are a man which knows good cars :p

·
Registered
331 Posts
Huh, what are they smoking!? It's a $480 option...http://www.mercedescla.org/hosted/CLA_Accessories_Catalog.pdf and a 30 minute installation. How much labor are they charging? Find another dealer and tell the current one to pound sand.

-Eric
I agree with Eric or wait for some savant to post a DIY. I like the option. I just think it is just rubbing it in that your car is amazing and inviting some hater to key your car. You know what is going to occur? All the other car manufacturers will have it. It will be a nightmare. We all remember the spinning wheels. Geez! Then Autozone made the plastic ones? God! I hated those things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dunno guys... That's one of the things that grabbed me from the commercial. I like it, mainly because I haven't seen it done before. Unless there's a problem down the line with them, I plan on adding one in to mine, when I eventually get it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm going to admit it. I think I'm in as well. Don't judge me! :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I dunno guys... That's one of the things that grabbed me from the commercial. I like it, mainly because I haven't seen it done before. Unless there's a problem down the line with them, I plan on adding one in to mine, when I eventually get it.
I think they are nice too. However, Mercedes says they can't be installed on cars with DISTRONIC or DISTRONIC PLUS. My car will have that, so its out for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Truly a 'must have' item for snobs. $480 maybe too cheap to brag about. Go for it fellas! What price d'ya put for that 'feel good' smile on your face.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Light up emblem? Stuff like that makes me want to avoid this car lol
It's not just the 45's....It's available for most mercedes vehicles (less distronic / distronic plus) that hide sensors in the badge.... I asked my dealer service manager about it the other day, he's only seen one on a car from Chicago and he said it looked awesome. I'd rather spend the money on the lit AMG door sill plates....but they're insanely priced right now....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just my two cents: It is a bit tacky in general, but it is ESPECIALLY tacky when we're talking about the cheapest Benz available right now (talking about the 250). It just gives off the vibe that you want everyone to know how rich you are driving your Benz, but there's a good chance the other cars around you are in the same price range. I don't know. I'd be embarrassed to have it on my 250, but I'd consider it on a c63 amg, or an S or an SLS or something more high end.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Was on the fence until I saw it. Likely a lot of automakers will be doing similar things with their badges in the near future. Don't want my car to appear that dated in a couple years. And after seeing it, IMO it looks good. More light up front better chance of someone seeing you from a safety standpoint.
Others may disagree, they have every right to. It's only an opinion.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Was on the fence until I saw it. Likely a lot of automakers will be doing similar things with their badges in the near future. Don't want my car to appear that dated in a couple years. And after seeing it, IMO it looks good. More light up front better chance of someone seeing you from a safety standpoint.
Others may disagree, they have every right to. It's only an opinion.
I only want them to hear me coming...haha

1 - 20 of 40 Posts