Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was talking to my dealer and they said ED isnt offered for the CLA45 is that true? anyone else tried it?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Hey i was talking to my dealer and they said ED isnt offered for the CLA45 is that true? anyone else tried it?
ED is a medical condition for which you can seek treatment from your primary care physician.

-Eric

P.S. In all seriousness, yes, ED is available. At least one of the members here has signed up for it for next Spring. I haven't done it but it sounds like a great program if you were thinking about a trip to Europe. It's also a straight 7% discount off of MSRP and free transport to your dealer.

·
Registered
534 Posts
ED is a medical condition for which you can seek treatment from your primary care physician.

-Eric

P.S. In all seriousness, yes, ED is available. At least one of the members here has signed up for it for next Spring. I haven't done it but it sounds like a great program if you were thinking about a trip to Europe. It's also a straight 7% discount off of MSRP and free transport to your dealer.
ED is available to US buyers

I am buying an AMG using this option.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have spoken to my dealer about this as well.
ED isn't available at the time of release, it is offered next year starting in the spring.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have spoken to my dealer about this as well.
ED isn't available at the time of release, it is offered next year starting in the spring.

That's when I'm picking up the car - next spring

My dealer confirmed with Mercedes the AMG would be offered under the ED program

I have the flight and the dealer is coordinating delivery with my arrival in Stuttgart

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

I have the flight and the dealer is coordinating delivery with my arrival in Stuttgart
You have to go to Hungary for delivery.

Remember the car is NOT made in Germany but just outside Budapest.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
the amgs are made in germany i believe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app
Nope, all of the CLAs are assembled in Hungary. The 45's engine is hand built in Kolleda and shipped to Hungary, too.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

Make sure they will be able to ship the car to Stuttgart from Hungary for Germany pick up.

I thought about European delivery as well since we are going to be in Europe much of November but then remembered it may be in Hungary.

I have no problem going to Hungary although that is not within our planned travel circle this year.

·
Registered
534 Posts
all ED deliveries happen in Stuttgart - that is the only ED center that Mercedes has

Below is a reference from Bloomberg

Th CLA will be assembled in Hungary - AMG engines are assembled by one person at the AMG factory in Germany and will be shipped to Hungary for installation the the car.

The Hungarian Kecskemet plant, the first new Mercedes factory since it began producing cars in Alabama in 1997, will be paired with the production from the factory in Rastatt, Germany, which underwent a 600 million-euro expansion to meet anticipated demand for the small cars.

Mercedes produces the A-Class and B- Class in Rastatt.

Combined, the Kecskemet and Rastatt plants will have an estimated capacity of about 450,000 vehicles, which would be equivalent to 35 percent of Mercedes car sales this year, according to data from IHS Automotive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So has anyone confirmed Euro delivery yet? My dealer is still saying its not available :/

·
Registered
534 Posts
I will say again ED is being offered on the AMG - 5% discount from Mercedes 2% discount from my dealer and no destination charge.

You need to contact another dealer who has more ED experience. Not all dealers are familiar with the process and have the right contacts.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Regardless of where the cars are built in Europe.. EDs pickup will be at the MB customer center 20 miles outside of Stuttgart. The only exceptions are the cars built in the Alabama factory.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts