Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so to all of those who are still wondering what I did well here it is my new toy for the next 4 years and it was never even on my list of cars to consider but with a discount of $4k everything changed and this car rocks in a six speed with sexy factor all over it image.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
My....they turn so quickly ;) This is an A5 if I am not mistaken. With your $4K discount what did you end up paying?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
The grill, lack of aluminum optic mirrors, wheels and no rocker side blade will show that it's an A5

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
The grill, lack of aluminum optic mirrors, wheels and no rocker side blade will show that it's an A5

The lights and front bumper say otherwise

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
The lights and front bumper say otherwise
What about the bumper and lights? From 2013 on this is the facelift to carry the line until the B9 comes out. The grill is an A line grill and the lights are the same be it an S or an A. As I said previous what the car is lacking would tell you it's an A not an S.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
What about the bumper and lights? From 2013 on this is the facelift to carry the line until the B9 comes out. The grill is an A line grill and the lights are the same be it an S or an A. As I said previous what the car is lacking would tell you it's an A not an S.

Well based off the Canadian looks... It looks like a S5 2014 Audi S5 Coupé > Shopping Tools > Audi Canada lol Plus the rims are from a S5

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Well based off the Canadian looks... It looks like a S5 2014 Audi S5 Coupé > Shopping Tools > Audi Canada lol Plus the rims are from a S5
S cars don't have the Quattro badge on the car. It'll say S5 front and back. It's a given that the S car will have Quattro. While yes those are S5 wheels, I don't believe those are the wheels used on the B8.5 facelift car.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
S cars don't have the Quattro badge on the car. It'll say S5 front and back. It's a given that the S car will have Quattro. While yes those are S5 wheels, I don't believe those are the wheels used on the B8.5 facelift car.

How about we just say that its a AS5. Lol because this one has stuff from the S5 yet also stuff from A5. Plus the Canadian website shows the new facelift looks so damn Im just confused now.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
How about we just say that its a AS5. Lol because this one has stuff from the S5 yet also stuff from A5. Plus the Canadian website shows the new facelift looks so damn Im just confused now.
Hey it's a friendly US + Canadian debate. The facelift is the same for both countries and it happened on 2013 model. Subliminally you are telling yourself that the S5 bumper will meet your height requirement and now you're considering the S5. ?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Hey it's a friendly US + Canadian debate. The facelift is the same for both countries and it happened on 2013 model. Subliminally you are telling yourself that the S5 bumper will meet your height requirement and now you're considering the S5. ��

Haha true enough, and damn I'ma be honest here. I am highly and I mean highly considering switching to the BMW 435 M Performance fully loaded X drive, and now also the Audi S5. One thing which kept me from switching already is my dad lol. Truthfully if I don't get the VIN this week then he might chance his mind about that also... Plus my monthly payments for the S5 would be well I'm guessing about 60-100 dollars less. Also as for the ground clearance well I have no idea what ground clearance the S5 has lol, but the ground clearance can be resolved easily I'm guessing with 18" high profile winter tires

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Haha true enough, and damn I'ma be honest here. I am highly and I mean highly considering switching to the BMW 435 M Performance fully loaded X drive, and now also the Audi S5. One thing which kept me from switching already is my dad lol. Truthfully if I don't get the VIN this week then he might chance his mind about that also... Plus my monthly payments for the S5 would be well I'm guessing about 60-100 dollars less. Also as for the ground clearance well I have no idea what ground clearance the S5 has lol, but the ground clearance can be resolved easily I'm guessing with 18" high profile winter tires
I don't know about Canada but Audi leases are expensive. They set the residual low. Like sub 55%, I believe my S4 was 52% and if I bought and I did the audicare maintenance plan you gain 1% on residual which ends up practically paying for the audicare. The good thing about that is that with the S4 the resale has been great on these cars so you will have some positive equity out of it.
I'm going I be test driving the 435XI M sport this week hopefully. Thanks to Scott, he turned me onto it.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I don't know about Canada but Audi leases are expensive. They set the residual low. Like sub 55%, I believe my S4 was 52% and if I bought and I did the audicare maintenance plan you gain 1% on residual which ends up practically paying for the audicare. The good thing about that is that with the S4 the resale has been great on these cars so you will have some positive equity out of it.
I'm going I be test driving the 435XI M sport this week hopefully. Thanks to Scott, he turned me onto it.

Can ya take videos of the 435XI M sport test drive etc please? I would love you so much for it cause I have to wait until Mid-End October to see one, if they'll even have one which isnt presold. Also I'd be getting the S5 technik and only paying 680 a month for it for 48 months plus I don't lease cars

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Can ya take videos of the 435XI M sport test drive etc please? I would love you so much for it cause I have to wait until Mid-End October to see one, if they'll even have one which isnt presold. Also I'd be getting the S5 technik and only paying 680 a month for it for 48 months plus I don't lease cars
My bad thought you were leasing. That only comes to around $33,000. What are you putting $30,000 up front?Confused?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
My bad thought you were leasing. That only comes to around $33,000. What are you putting $30,000 up front?Confused?

Baloon financing. Have 15k down payment and 40% baloon. Making the payments 680 per month for 48 months. After that I'll either trade it in for a new car or pay off the baloon

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Not that I'm taking sides or anything but even the pictures on the Audi Canada site suggest it's an A5. :) The lack of aluminum mirrors used to be the easiest tell tale sign but now that you can opt for a "black optic" package on the S models it's harder to tell. The black optic package replaces the aluminum mirrors with body color mirrors. What doesn't change, however, is the quattro badge vs. the S5 badge on the front and the rocker blades on the S5. It's easy to swap rims. I don't know the deal on those rims.

Watch me be wrong. It's probably a Miata wearing an Audi body kit.

-Eric

1 - 20 of 28 Posts