Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The emblem on the engine cover is pretty fragile because I've seen it broken on a few cars now. The way it's constructed, it's prone to breaking apart under heat, so I think that's why they break. I found a simple fix though. The emblem you need is exactly 75mm, and you can find stick-on emblems on ebay for $15 shipped that looks pretty good. Also, I noticed the wheel centercaps are all 75mm, so if you wanted to, you can buy a set of those and pry the emblems off those to use in this spot as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Also see Sue Esponte's Topic/Thread, ["Mercedes Emblem Missing from Engine Cover"] which also mentions the EBay solution.

Reactions: romeo291

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
The cheapie wheel center caps come in handy for this fix cuz they are flat
The oem caps have a slight convex crown and the star component is correspondingly concave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cheapie wheel center caps come in handy for this fix cuz they are flat
The oem caps have a slight convex crown and the star component is correspondingly concave
wow, good point, didn't think about it being like that.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
wow, good point, didn't think about it being like that.
i became a mini expert at all these insigniae ... trying to get a 68mm center cap fabricated properly
since all the 75mm ones became workbench decorations ... its funny thinking back at all that with
20-10 hind sight :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Strange thing about that part number in the photo, it only brings up "4matic" badges, not Mercedes emblems. For anyone else that ends up here, just search ebay for "75mm mercedes emblem" and you should find one. (2018, confirmed its about 75mm as mentioned.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts