Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Any ideas why the engine doesn't start after small collision??
My mechanic says that the ECU need to be restarted or I need to buy a new engine controller?
I'm not sure about it.
But if he is right and I buy a new controller I have to add my VIN number to it.
Not every electrician can do it but the official Mercedes service want too much money for it ;/

( CLA 180 Shooting Brake 2016 - 90 kW (122 KM) 1 595 cm3 )

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi. Any ideas why the engine doesn't start after small collision??
My mechanic says that the ECU need to be restarted or I need to buy a new engine controller?
I'm not sure about it.
But if he is right and I buy a new controller I have to add my VIN number to it.
Not every electrician can do it but the official Mercedes service want too much money for it ;/

( CLA 180 Shooting Brake 2016 - 90 kW (122 KM) 1 595 cm3 )
You check all the fuses?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You check all the fuses?
After you check the fuses:
A) How much is "too much".....what city are you near?
B) Also, check with a Certified MB Collision Repair Center and ask for the cost to reset the Collision Inertia Switch, ( which cuts the fuel supply when the car is jolted hard.)
C) Come back here and give us an update...please.i

:mblogoblack:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok. So finally everything works. In few words:
1. I had to put a new terminal bomb (thx jmc and geo k)
2. bought a Star Diagnosis (others diagnosers couldn't get through).
SD makes a difference - had to erase all the errors one by one and check all the systems cause after the crash the computer remembers them almost everywhere.

·
Registered
12,114 Posts
Ok. So finally everything works. In few words:
1. I had to put a new terminal bomb (thx jmc and geo k)
2. bought a Star Diagnosis (others diagnosers couldn't get through).
SD makes a difference - had to erase all the errors one by one and check all the systems cause after the crash the computer remembers them almost everywhere.
Wow such patience!
Did you use straight Xentry or Vediamo or ...?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I was just dying everyday to start the engine again.
It took so long cause I had to wait for my SD to arrive but I just wanted to have my own equipment.
I'm not en expert in using it but hope to learn something now.
Answering Your question... I've used Xentry.
The good thing about having some time for my car is that I could upgrade some little things like illuminated star, door lights with AMG logo and little red "rings" inside the car so it looks nicer now.

Ps. Is here anyone who got experience in using Star Diagnosis (Xentry, Vediamo etc). ??
View attachment 57137
View attachment 57145
View attachment 57153
View attachment 57129

·
Registered
12,114 Posts
I'm not en expert in using it but hope to learn something now.

Answering Your question... I've used Xentry.

Ps. Is here anyone who got experience in using Star Diagnosis (Xentry, Vediamo etc). ??
I tinker with it but far from being an expert

You noted you cleared errors using xentry ... may I ask for some examples and how you executed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I did the fast check at first. Then I entered every single module and tried to find some hidden errors cause I heard that not all can be seen in the basic examination... and this is actually true. So You need to spend some time to get through all the modules. It took me about 30-45 min. I've got my software on SDD so it's quite fast. When I find some time I'll try to do some screenshots.

·
Registered
12,114 Posts
Yes the quick tests are like a table of contents for a massive book to read
Look forward to some of your particular chapters ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
If we are talking about an electrician, then most likely, there should be professional electricians. I want to become an electrician soon, and I need to learn everything about this profession. I tried to find out information everywhere, on YouTube, on various sites, even asked my parents ' friends, and everyone has different stories. Finally, my father threw me a link Electrician Salary: Here's What You Need To Know [2021 Update] and said that this is the true information. And I would like to ask the experts in this field whether everything is really as it is written, maybe you have something that a future electrician needs to know, I would be happy to read it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If we are talking about an electrician, then most likely, there should be professional electricians.
We see that you are our newest Forum Member,
Which model and year do you have and what city are you near?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts