Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car just randomly shut off at a stop light (auto start stop is ON) and wouldn’t start back up, every light on the dash illuminated and now the car is like locked up, I get nothing from it. Refuses to come out of park and the E-brake will not disengage. I need to get it into neutral but nothing I’m trying is working.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Turn off ignition,
Remove Key
Replace key
Try to restart
If won't restart
Call MB Roadside Assistance 1-800-367-6372

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turn off ignition,
Remove Key
Replace key
Try to restart
If won't restart
Call MB Roadside Assistance 1-800-367-6372
I tried that, whenever I push the start button (I removed it and used the physical key as well but still wouldn’t start) all of the dash lights illuminated and I got about 5000 different fault messages on the dash.

I just got off the phone with MB roadside they should be here in a couple minutes.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
OK, That's all you can do at the moment.
If he can't get you restarted, he can help get you set up for a tow.
Please come back here to let us know what happened.
You will get through this just fine. (y)

Reactions: tragik

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
wow sorry to hear about your general quarters christmas tree event ... scarey
please do let us know what the cause is cuz our cars are aging and these issues and resolutions are good to know

ps - if it aint the battery may be the fuel pump or ecu failure ... just wild guesses

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, That's all you can do at the moment.
If he can't get you restarted, he can help get you set up for a tow.
Please come back here to let us know what happened.
You will get through this just fine. (y)
Hopefully he can get the car restarted but if not I’ll have to get it towed to the nearest MB dealer (that looks like the route I’ll have to take because it won’t move) and see what the problem is in the morning. Thankfully I have an extended warranties.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow sorry to hear about your general quarters christmas tree event ... scarey
please do let us know what the cause is cuz our cars are aging and these issues and resolutions are good to know
Yeah, It sucks. I will report back everything that the dealer tells me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: the car got towed into the MB dealer for them to diagnose it tomorrow. I will be there first thing 8 AM to collect my loaner vehicle as well. Thing still wouldn’t go into neutral.

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
OK, thanks for the update.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
... might be a bad tcu module?
lets see what the dealer says

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car is being dragged from dealer to dealer this morning. I purchased a Mercedes for the “top notch” service but I’m treated like I drive a Dodge. Mercedes has gotten their last dime from me. No wonder my parents traded all of their MB vehicles for Lexus, BMW and Audi.

I sense a trade in coming very soon. No reason for me to be treated like garbage, I should’ve known better because my parents had these exact issues with MB when their vehicles left them stranded (TWICE). So no update on the car now just an update on the HORRID service I’ve received from Mercedes within the past few hours.

KIA always gave me A1 service whenever I had to take my car in for repairs (which was hardly ever).

My frustration levels are at an all time high right now.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Which dealer are you at?
What specifically did they do to cause the irritation?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It’s not the dealerships it’s the CUSTOMER SERVICE representative(s) I was dealing with. They kept telling me to move my car from Greensboro to Charlotte, claimed my car didn’t have any extended warranty or any PT warranty left. My parents ended up getting involved and getting in touch with the manager who is now handling my case and issues properly. My car is now at the CORRECT dealership of my choice and getting a diagnostic in the morning. The service manager is making sure my car gets in and out as quick as possible, even got a loaner car. All is well for now at least.,

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sounds like everything is under control now.
Who is your Customer Service contact?...........
Ph. #..............

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
hmmm
benz factory & extended warranties are valid at any dealership
i had to invoke a few times early on so i know those work
not sure why the hassle ... except perhaps you bumped into mr/ms incompetent cuz mr/ms competents are all at home staying healthy

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
If @tragik replies, I'll get into it and report back.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
A Karen encounter??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I called the customer service line for Mercedes. I don’t remember the girls name, I know after about 10 minutes of her dismissing everything I asked/stated I hung up on her and let my parents take over.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So major update as well they’ve figured out what the cause of failure was.......drum roll please....The Starter failed and needs a replacement. Auto start stop has to go off indefinitely now (how do you do that).

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Ok this is new ... the starter failed?!
Was eco used all the time?????

Funny this thread just reminded me of a couple days ago a bmw stopped for us to use the crosswalk and it was silent (so i thought it was an e car) but then when the starter engaged i practically jumped out of my skin when the wretched sounds started ... i swear it sounded like the pinion was grinding against the ring gear ... and i said out loud “there goes the starter!” and the poor guy driving the car heard me and sadly acknowledged “yeah i know”

1 - 20 of 24 Posts