Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 CLA250 that went recent timing and timing chain repair. It displays three codes all of which are P1525. OBDII displays one code as permanent, the second as pending and the third as stored, all are P1525, right side. My local mechanics took it several time for drive cycles, the codes disappear for few days and then appears. I think it is time to take this matter in my hand. Is anyone explain how to perform universal trip pattern and specific monitor drive cycle. The latter has to follow the one specified in the repair manual. It appears that the specific monitor drive is different from one brand to another. If you have a shop manual, can you please post the proper procedure for the cycles to erase the permanent codes.
I also appreciate the explanation of stored and pending codes. Thank you.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Wait something is awry
If the code can be erased via the obd2 and app, but then reappears, then there are issues

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I would verify all sensors are fully plugged in.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The code means that
  • Faulty Camshaft Position Actuator 'A'
  • Camshaft Position Actuator 'A' harness is open or shorted
  • Camshaft Position Actuator 'A' circuit poor electrical connection.

Sounds like there is something wrong with wiring check for broken wires messed up connector. Install new Camshaft Position Actuator if nothing is wrong with the wiring.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
good points
wiggle the wiring -- you will be surprised that sometimes the internal metal conductors are torn and of course you can't see it
usually after work being done -- and techs keep forgetting about the golden rule of bend radius and multiple flex

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good points
wiggle the wiring -- you will be surprised that sometimes the internal metal conductors are torn and of course you can't see it
usually after work being done -- and techs keep forgetting about the golden rule of bend radius and multiple flex
I have some news about code P1525. It indicates that the magnetic solenoid may be the problem. Since it is not very expensive, I bought 2 of them for the intake and the exhaust and replaced them. It did not solve the problem, it still giving me the same code. So, I directed my thinking towards the wiring harness and whether it is shorted out. I made some measurements and compared them to the same wiring harness on 20210 ML350. I need an analytical electrician to analyze my data and let me know where I am going. Here are the results:

CLA 250, magnetic solenoids plug in harness: brown line measure 1.0 ohm

Red and black line measured 20.70 ohms

2010 ML 350 magnetic solenoid plug harness: brown line measured 1.3 ohm

Red and black line measured 44 ohms.

Note that the ML 350 has no code with these measurements.

It seems that there is a similarity in measurements between the CLA and the ML, both brown lines gave a resistance and the red line gave a higher resistance. It indicates to me that the wiring harness are OK.

I look forward to someone analysis and conclusion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts