Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my speed sensor got damaged, which threw off all sort of code’s including the ABS. I got that fixed and after about a month, I have this ESP inoperative and the traction lights on. When I stop the car and turn it off and restart the engine, these yellow lights (ESP and traction) go off on their own. Then after some time they come on again. I have got it scanned and there is no fault codes for them when scanned. They go off once the engine is restarted and later come on again. Anyone else experienced this with their 2014 CLA 250 and how was it resolved. Picture of yellow lights below.
Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Plant Tachometer

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a problem with the alternator, and got it fixed. It’s fine the last time I checked after fixing the alternator. Do you suggest I get its voltage checked again?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks. But when the speed sensor got damaged (which has been fixed now) the ABS light was also on and the steering was very stiff.

However with this ESP, it doesn’t throw the ABS light and the steering is also not stiff. Its steers very easy.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sensors are one thing
but the wiring to them could sometimes be issues as well

Ok. But the wheel speed sensor which got replaced is a plug n play, so no wiring was involved. Just plugged it into the socket. I am tempted to believe it’s connected with the alternator not charging the battery with appropriate power. But still observing though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts