Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Eventuri Intake for a while now and I have decided to write a (sort of) review for it and my experience installing it as a very very rookie mechanic and the performance gains from it.

I bought my complete Eventuri system (Intake and Turbo Tube) from IND Distribution. The box was massive nearly the same width as the CLA but for good reason there was more than sufficient packing material to protect the beautiful carbon fibre parts.

First time handling the parts, you can start to understand and appreciate why it cost so damn much. This is my first time holding any sort of carbon fibre part and let me tell you it's light, really light. Just from memory, it felt like that my phone was heavier than the entire turbo tube. Every single part of this intake system screams quality at face. Although, I have not worked with any other carbon fibre part; anyone can understand that this is not only a work of art but a master piece of engineering.

Installing the full carbon intake did not take longer than 4 hours and considering this is the first time installing an intake, its not unreasonable to think that a person with more experience could do it 2 hours. It was very straight forward and the instructions provided are very clear and detailed (although, they only show the installation for a A35 model) so for those with a A/CLA250 there is a bit more work and problem solving to do. I did come to some fitment issues, firstly the turbo tube has an inlet that the 250 model does not have (more information below) and secondly the turbo tube is slightly too big so that part of the tube grazes against the hood which then scratches the turbo tube I have added pictures below showing the scratches.

For those who are reading this and is interested in getting one for a 250 model there is a small fitment issue with the turbo tube. There is a charge pipe that connects to the turbo tube that the 250 model does not have but the Eventuri Turbo Tube has an inlet for. So you have to find a 3cm block off in order to use the turbo tube or else you or going to have unwanted hot/dirty air going directly into the turbo. I have attached the picture below to show the fitment of the Eventuri turbo tube in a 250. There is a carbon inlet pipe next to the metal part, unfortunately Eventuri does not provide a block off for this part for the 250. I found this to be a bit disappointing considering its such a small oversight but it basically renders the entire system to be use. I used a 3cm rubber grommet to block off the pipe that I got from a local part shop. Below is a photo showing fitment of the turbo tube on a 250 model.

Enough about the boring stuff, now onto the fun stuff, the performance and excitement of the intake! Firstly, its hard to tell if I got any power gains from the intake. I believe that the car has not made any gains in terms of horsepower as this can only be unlocked through a tune. But despite this, my girlfriend and friends said that the car made more power. But what I can experience is the sound. Fuck me. Its insane. Going from the extremely restrictive 250 intake to the full Eventuri Intake, its night and day. I can hear everything, the air going into the turbo, the turbo going psst psst. It is pure audio bliss. The feeling of bringing the engine up to 3500 rpm and then sudden letting go of the throttle puts a smile on my face every single time.

TLDR:

Here are some photos for ya eye balls:
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Carbon Automotive tire

Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle Personal luxury car

Picture of the scratches:
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle

Fitment issue:
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
seems like you had to get a different engine cover, it looks completely different from the std CLA250 engine cover.

What year is your CLA250?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is a 2020 CLA C118. It's different from the previous generation; that's probably why you think it's has a different engine cover.

·
Registered
395 Posts
engine cover is the same as my c118, love the looks but for 2k I think I will stick with my AMG 35 intake swap at £60 and get a full exhaust system when my warranty runs out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts