Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
So this confirms that to get the CLA45 as shown in the press photos and auto shows, it will probably be another 6-7K in options. Carbon trim in and out are options, otherwise you get chrome (no thanks), the black wheels are extra, the sports steering wheel and those kick ass seats are extra, same with the sunroof, not to mention that just for heated seats I gotta get the premium package... Seriously wtf! So the base AMG will not be at all what the one they've been showing looks like.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks for the Daimler press-release share! It's funny that all/most of the info is well-versed already to our community by our active & enthusiastic members! :D

Reactions: ppiano23

·
Registered
12 Posts
This press release is not completely accurate, because the website shows that Xeon /LED lights are standard. Also I have seen pictures that if you do not get carbon fiber exterior trim, the exterior trim is just flat black then. We will just have to wait till dealerships get the sales packs from the regional product managers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Damn! Thats a deal breaker for me then! Need to get Multimedia package, bi-xenon headlights, etc on top of the price of the amg! :crying:

·
Registered
12 Posts
On page 7 of the press release it states that "Bi-xenon headlights are part of the standard equipment." Also the website states the same thing.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I tend to believe MB's website in this instance, if what cyber8 said is true. I'm too lazy to head all the way over to mb's website to find out :sorry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
We all are going to have to wait at least till the dealers are truly ready to price the car. I have heard of people paying 5K deposit just to get on the pre-order list. And this is buying sight unseen. They have very little information on the cars. Other than what we all have found.

·
Registered
161 Posts
We all are going to have to wait at least till the dealers are truly ready to price the car. I have heard of people paying 5K deposit just to get on the pre-order list. And this is buying sight unseen. They have very little information on the cars. Other than what we all have found.
I am waiting until I can drive it- but if there were some kind of shortage, I would do it. I don't see why a deposit is a big deal. It's fully refundable, and with interest rates being so low, if I lose 2% on 5K for 6 months, that's $50.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Be careful. Read the fine print. Some Mercedes dealerships have a no refund policy on deposits. Locking you in at the dealership..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Until you sign that contract to buy the car, which says there is no "cooling-off" period. Then you are entitled to 100% of your money back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The contract for my CLA45 (I put 1k down) says 'subject to test drive'. So I can get my deposit back even after it's been delivered.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is nice that your dealership did that for you. Because If the contract you sign when you give a deposit states "no refund", you get no refund. The reason dealers do this is to prevent having the car sit on their lots. Remember when they order your car, they own it till you buy it. That means they also pay insurance for it on their lot. That is how things work in New Jersey.

·
Registered
896 Posts
i plan to get the nicest seats you can get , the night package, premium package, and sunroof

thats it!

rest of the options id change aftermarket anyway

1 - 20 of 30 Posts