Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...if you'd like, of course.

I'm a Formula 1 fan, so mine is simply a play on the McLaren Mercedes F1 team. Noticed there was a CLA in McLaren, and for a couple seconds there felt like the Wittiest Man in the World.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
"Sue Esponte" is just a play on the Latin phrase "sua sponte" meaning "of one's own accord." The screen name dates back longer than seems possible actually but it started as a joke with a friend and them just became a bad habit. At this point, it just is what it is but there is no "Sue"...just me, Eric. :D

-Eric

P.S. Great idea for a thread. ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've used this on multiple forums for years.

Real life nickname that I originally got in Denmark. Name is Doug but Scandinavians can't pronounce it. It comes out Dawg.
A few good parties in Copenhagen and a few other cities and it became Maddog.
The 78 got added cause Maddog was already taken on a forum I joined and as that was often the case I stuck with it.
It's in honor of my '78 Shovelhead chopper that I've owned for over 20 years.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm a Formula 1 fan, so mine is simply a play on the McLaren Mercedes F1 team. Noticed there was a CLA in McLaren, and for a couple seconds there felt like the Wittiest Man in the World.
... soon to be McLaren Honda Racing! ;)

I'm addicted to popping bubblewrap.
... seems like anything "bubbles" has it's fans, whether it's kids & blowing bubbles or adults popping bubblewrap! :p

"Sue Esponte" is just a play on the Latin phrase "sua sponte" meaning "of one's own accord." The screen name dates back longer than seems possible actually but it started as a joke with a friend and them just became a bad habit. At this point, it just is what it is but there is no "Sue"...just me, Eric. :D
... ok, that's very cool! Even more that I'm into Latin & couldn't make the connection! :eek:

I've used this on multiple forums for years.

Real life nickname that I originally got in Denmark. Name is Doug but Scandinavians can't pronounce it. It comes out Dawg.
A few good parties in Copenhagen and a few other cities and it became Maddog.
The 78 got added cause Maddog was already taken on a forum I joined and as that was often the case I stuck with it.
It's in honor of my '78 Shovelhead chopper that I've owned for over 20 years.
... more-or-less the same w/ me, my usual forum user-ID (derived from middle/nick name & "Skunkworks" nomenclature)! :cool:

My nickname refers to my first car I bought (did have some company cars before).... an 1958 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 with a Rocket engine.
... that's a hot ride, wow! Still got it? :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
ppiano23. I play the piano and love MJ.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Aydo is a lifelong nickname I got from family in Lebanon. It makes no sense in Arabic or English. But a nickname is a nickname.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had been lurking on the site for a while- the more I read, the more I kept thinking "I want that AMG". That immediately brought to mind the beginning of "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits- "I want my M-Tee-Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

·
Registered
14 Posts
poker reference... specifically hold 'em
for those not familiar with the game...
an 'out' refers to a card you need win if you're behind
a common bummer is betting up a pair before the 'flop' (first three community cards) and getting called by trash that subsequently makes a higher pair
you are then left with two cards in the deck to improve your hand to three of a kind on the last two cards or...
two outs twice

1 - 20 of 212 Posts