Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fall season here in Vancouver is definitely here , parked my car under a maple leaf tree, and this morning when I got to my car, happen to feel the hood of my car, and I could feel the layer of tree sap grit all over. yuck. Having to get to work. I decided to just give it a quick go over with the wash stick brush with shampoo, and thankfully all of the tree sap fallout came right off easily. Now it's all smooth again. I think the Turtle wax ceramic spray coating wax I applied really helped with the easy cleaning of the tree sap crap.

Moral of the story, don't park under any tree , especially during the fall season. As the trees prep to lose their leaves, it sheds lots of tree sap, it literally "spray" the tree sap with a breeze. Make sure you have a good layer of wax or ceramic coating , otherwise, you are going to have to clay bar the paint.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
oh man you should have used the foofoo graphene stuff! the crap would have just bounced off!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Went golfing, same thing, car was covered with sap from pine trees in the parking lot!
Immediately went to car wash.....NO HELP!
I found when I got home that best and easiest way to take it off was alcohol, just dampen rag and wipe, VERY easy, some stubborn spots may need extra rub, otherwise it does NOT attack the paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts