Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So around a month ago, I was heading straight through an intersection in the left hand lane, the light turned yellow just as I approaching/entering the intersection and a vehicle in the left hand turning lane proceeded in front of me without any problem…. Unfortunately the vehicle behind it… followed this vehicle and kaboom.

Vehicle was totalled and I had to purchase a new one. This time I went with a C400.

IMG_3849 2.jpg

IMG_7588.jpg

So I am sad to say that I will be leaving the forum.

I have a bunch of left over parts from my car that I will be getting rid of now. I kept them incase the new owner wanted them when I went to sell the car but no reason to keep them now, and thought I would give the forum members first dibs.

1. I upgraded the display to the navitech style 8 inch display. Before they took the car from me, I removed it and put the OEM one back in. It is in great condition and wasn’t damaged in the accident.
2. Mirror Covers OEM, I swapped mine with gloss black ones a long time ago. They still had the 3M film on them, I just peeled it off and shined them up.
3. OEM intercooler, have mine from when I upgraded to the turbokits intercooler.
4. OEM exhaust tips, swapped mine for the AMG style diffuser and tips
5. Aluminum seat covers, 3M still on, never used. Fit perfect.
6. Trunk liner base, I took mine out because I didn’t have a spare and wanted to make the trunk deeper.
7. Owners manual and bag
8. OEM door lights
9. Center console organizer and aluminum seat control trims

Message me if you’re interested :)

Parts Photos:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0oJ0DiRHG7azac

·
Registered
503 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear and see that man. Seems like you were well protected at least, hopefully. Congrats on the C400 tho, isn't that the same thing as the C43 AMG just before the re-naming?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
So glad you're all right. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
602 Posts
So glad you're all right. Enjoy the new ride.
..…………….
Santy, Stick around for a while and let us know how you like your new ride. Looks like your CLA protected you well.

:mblogoblack::yr1:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and concerns 🙂 The car did protect me very well and for that I am thankful!

I will make a post about the C400 and thoughts on it!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, sorry to hear and see that man. Seems like you were well protected at least, hopefully. Congrats on the C400 tho, isn't that the same thing as the C43 AMG just before the re-naming?
Yes! It is the same engine as the C43, the V6 twin turbo. It makes slightly less power because of detuning, and one small difference between the turbos. The turbos are the same except the shape of the turbines in the c43 turbos are slightly different.

C43 also has a different tranny but performance wise they are very very similar. 🙂

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to hear about the accident Santy. Does the screen run Apple CarPlay? I am not very familiar with that unit.
The 2015 does not stock, but the 2016’s and up do. I just purchased an aftermarket wireless carplay solution, that has high reviews, and I am going to install that.

It’s strange though because the first car Mercedes ever did a car play demo with was a 2015 C Class.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Looks like your CLA took quite a shot. Very glad you walked away. While I am driving a GLA the activity and people on this forum are terrific. Check in from time to time. You go way back and we would miss you!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like your CLA took quite a shot. Very glad you walked away. While I am driving a GLA the activity and people on this forum are terrific. Check in from time to time. You go way back and we would miss you!
Thank you I really appreciate it! I will stay involved as long as you guys don't mind me posting about my other car! hahah its still a :mblogoblack: I guess.

I really enjoy this forum and its really cool how people have gotten to know each other on here. It seems much much more tight nit than the C-Class forum lol.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also on a side note I no longer have access to the car, so the only parts I have are the ones shown. PLUS my weather tech floor mats which I forgot to post photos of!

On side note side note, I do miss my CLA, there was something about it that was really amazing. And I am super super grateful it kept me safe!

Thanks guys and gals.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
Dont disappear on us!
You gotta keep jabbing us with notes on the C ... would love to hear real world comparisons especially since you had the CLA long term

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Man glad to know you were safe after the accident. Sad to see an other long term member leave the group. You will always hail the mighty door gap!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts