Mercedes CLA Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
07SGT, The effective camera resolution is 656 × 492; this seems more than enough for the 5.8" display. I do not know the actual resolution of the 5.8" display in my 2014 CLA. The seller is from Taiwan-- not that is a lot different than mainland China. Details of the camera are here:

Tailgate Handle Rear View Camera for Benz C/CLA(W205/C117)Class [02020009] - $80.00 : carnavi-tech.com

If you Google search, you may find the Operation Manual (PDF) posted by a member on a GLA forum. Not much there though. You can buy just the interface and use a different camera.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
07SGT, The effective camera resolution is 656 × 492; this seems more than enough for the 5.8" display. I do not know the actual resolution of the 5.8" display in my 2014 CLA. The seller is from Taiwan-- not that is a lot different than mainland China. Details of the camera are here:

Tailgate Handle Rear View Camera for Benz C/CLA(W205/C117)Class [02020009] - $80.00 : carnavi-tech.com

If you Google search, you may find the Operation Manual (PDF) posted by a member on a GLA forum. Not much there though. You can buy just the interface and use a different camera.
Hey 07SGT
I am not sure about what is in your hesitance in going ahead with getting either the NAVTV or CARNAVI-TECH interface units... My NAVTV unit has been installed for over 2 weeks now, and it is performing well. I know you got burnt with the Korean vendor, but NAVTV company is legit, and you have seen proof of it here in this forum. Anyway, its really your call...

·
Registered
10,974 Posts
Hey 07SGT I dont blame you for being cautious ... though if I were in your shoes I would balancing skepticism and caution against the "damn I wish I had that camera would have not run over my neighbors cat" day thats got nonzero probability ?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Rick, Mav, and JMC- thank you. I just want to get the best system. Now that some of you have made recommendations I have contacted those same companies. Unfortunately this is a bad time to contact companies in China as many are closed for the Chinese new year. They won't reopen till next week. I just want to ensure I receive a system that does not require any drilling of the body. The trunk handle is plastic so that is not an issue. I want a high quality camera (HD) and very good resolution in all lighting conditions. Thanks for the information and please feel free to forward more. I am willing to take the plunge again with NAVTV or CarNavi, almost any company , IMO, EXCEPT NAVI TECH FROM KOREA, IMO. Please continue to post additional info I am in the due diligence stage, again.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Anyone have suggestions for a camera I can place in the back that will be on all the time? I already have a rear camera but I want one that I can turn off/on at will even while in Drive (not just reverse). Something wireless would be preferred for ease of install and no drilling also preferred...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ah, the woes of buying a 2015 CLA in Canada, when MB thought it would be a good idea to drop the backup camera as an add-on to the Premium Package and throw in Parktronic instead.

·
Registered
925 Posts
61 - 72 of 72 Posts