Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Is it possible to "build your own" car and lease? It may sound unusual, but even though I'll only be driving it for a period of 24-36 months, I still want the options/packages I want.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm leasing. Hopefully on an msrp car of 44k it will be under $400/mo. For me it is a tax write off to lease because I own my own business (home health care agency for seniors). And of course I like getting a new car every couple years.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I'm leasing. Hopefully on an msrp car of 44k it will be under $400/mo. For me it is a tax write off to lease because I own my own business (home health care agency for seniors). And of course I like getting a new car every couple years.
I am really confused as to why folks think a fully loaded CLA listed for $44k could be leased for under $400 a month at this time.

Despite what claims we saw on the forum, $44k 2014 CLA will lease out at over $600 including tax.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
For the sake of discussion and comparison, BMW NA is currently advertising a 36 mo lease for a 135i coupe for $409/mo based on a $43K MSRP car.

Now, a few things must be pointed out regarding this offer:

1) The rate assumes a $500 credit against the MSRP for returning BMW customers only;
2) As a general rule, every $1K you add to the price increases a lease by about $30/mo; and
3) The mileage allowance is only 10K mi/yr.

So, a $44K car would come in at about $439/mo give or take a few dollars plus another $15/mo or so to someone who isn't a current BMW owner. That makes it a $454/mo lease. Also, these costs are pre-sales tax. So, add tax to those rates. And, if you plan on actually driving your car you're probably going to need more than 10K mi/yr. So, add to that cost extra cash for 12K-15Kmi/yr allowance.

It's also worth noting that, in my experience, BMW tends to be very aggressive with its lease rates and, if we can assume that MB dealers will not be discounting their CLAs at day 1, I also don't see any $44K CLA realistically having a lease rate below $400/mo initially (especially when you factor in tax). It's wishful thinking but not likely.

-Eric

21 - 26 of 26 Posts