Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have spoke with my Credit Union and was advised that they could not provide me any financing information as this vehicle is so new and without a vin #, there is nothing they can do. I am kinda nervous about ordering the car without this vital information as my last $32,500 I had hanging around went to my laser hair removal fund. Any info would be greatly appreciated as this will be the first time I am ordering a car from the factory.

Emmanuel

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have spoke with my Credit Union and was advised that they could not provide me any financing information as this vehicle is so new and without a vin #, there is nothing they can do. I am kinda nervous about ordering the car without this vital information as my last $32,500 I had hanging around went to my laser hair removal fund. Any info would be greatly appreciated as this will be the first time I am ordering a car from the factory.

Emmanuel
I'm not even sure if your post is serious but there are plenty of sources for loans assuming you have decent credit (e.g., Mercedes Benz Financial Services, Wells Fargo, Citibank, Bank of America, local banks, etc.). As for a VIN#, you should be able to get that once the CLA is out and you've actually decided to purchase one. You don't need a loan until the car is ready to be picked up. Why would a bank give you money today when the car might not be delivered until the Fall? That's a personal loan -- and the rates for those are always MUCH higher (assuming you can get one). The real question you need answered is what rates are available to you based on your current credit? The rates may change between now and when the car is delivered but it should be a relative indication of your cost.

Nevertheless, if you don't have a penny to your name and just spent $32,5k on laser hair removal (which I cannot imagine costing anywhere near that even if you had every piece of hair on your body removed) I'm not sure buying a $30K is the wisest move for you. I don't mean to be preachy but you should save up and re-build your savings first. Being car-poor is never a good idea. Best of luck!

-Eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts