Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my CLA on Monday, I live in TX and I've had my first issue which may seem minor to some but is a huge deal to me.

I want to connect my iPhone 5 to my CLA via the multimedia cable because that's how you get your best sound quality. I upgraded to the HK sound system so I specifically want to take advantage of all it has to offer. Well, when I connect it via multimedia cable, my system recognizes and plays my iphone for about 10 seconds, then it says it doesn't recognize a device, then it recycles, and then it starts playing again for 10 seconds, then doesn't recognize... and it keeps going.

Went to the dealership this morning. They tried other people's iPhone 5's.. all of theirs worked except for one. Then we tried my iPhone in an E-Class and GLA class, it worked in both. Then we tried my iPhone in another CLA, it didn't work. We switched out cables and it seems that had nothing to do with it. So I'm stumped and so are they. Anyone else have this issue or have any suggestions on how I might fix? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
so your saying other peoples iphone 5's work in your car and yours doesnt? Well if thats the case clearly something is different about your iphone. have you tried restoring your phone back to factory settings and starting fresh? I think this would be a good test. Just remember to backup all your stuff prior to restoring.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm going out on a limb to say that the iPhones that worked are running a newer, or perhaps an older iOS software version that is compatible. See if you can get that info from them. Then troubleshoot again.

·
Registered
896 Posts
"They tried other people's iPhone 5's.. all of theirs worked except for one." - did it do the same things yours did?

it prob is iOS related . .

·
Registered
331 Posts
so your saying other peoples iphone 5's work in your car and yours doesnt? Well if thats the case clearly something is different about your iphone. have you tried restoring your phone back to factory settings and starting fresh? I think this would be a good test. Just remember to backup all your stuff prior to restoring.
I agree!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm running iOS7. We thought about these things. I got my iPhone on launch day so we were thinking maybe it was an early manufactured glitch, so we got another who someone also got at launch and his worked fine. Not sure what the difference is between mine and all these iphones and why basically 3 phones we tested worked and 2 (including mine) didn't. I'm tempted to go buy the iPhone 5s just to get this working right, but seeing as how I just dropped $36K plus on this car, that just doesn't make much sense. The technician at the dealership took my number, said he would work on it and compare notes with other MB dealers across the country. Hopefully I hear something in a few days.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not related but my CLA is an early build with Comand Online and the on line bit dues not work with the iPhone all of them. My point is the MB have released a new version of Comand online which only works with the new hardware.

I am having problems with my 4S and IOS7. Some connected with iCloud and the fact some of my music decided to remove itself from my iPhone obviously would not play.

I would check your musics iCloud status. Maybe try a radio app on your iPhone. The radio station audio should play through the audio system in your CLA. This might help identify if the issue is to do with iCloud. I subscribed to the iCloud music service and paid the extra but IOS7 has screwed with the way the iPod on iPhones work so have ditched iCloud for music.

So check the status of all tracks in your Kufic library both on your iPhone and iTunes and try internet radio.

Not much fun having a smart phone and car combo at the moment. Apple needs to be slightly more open with its devices and car manufacturers need to employ people that know what they are doing. It's not rocket science.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'm running iOS7. We thought about these things. I got my iPhone on launch day so we were thinking maybe it was an early manufactured glitch, so we got another who someone also got at launch and his worked fine. Not sure what the difference is between mine and all these iphones and why basically 3 phones we tested worked and 2 (including mine) didn't. I'm tempted to go buy the iPhone 5s just to get this working right, but seeing as how I just dropped $36K plus on this car, that just doesn't make much sense. The technician at the dealership took my number, said he would work on it and compare notes with other MB dealers across the country. Hopefully I hear something in a few days.
Did you pair your iPhone via Blutooth to your car? If so, perhaps your car is fighting over which music interface to use, the Blutooth or the cable? If you are paired, as an experiment, break the pairing and then retest the music via the cable. Just a thought!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I hate the latest apple software update. Ever since I updated my iPad, it will randomly play music when all the apps are closed and the cover is closed on my pad. My iPad is haunted.
Good luck!!!!!!!

What iOS version are you running? The latest one is 7.0.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts