Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been lurking on here for the past couple weeks and have to say I have feel in love with the car ever since the super bowl commercial. So much that I will be going in this week and putting in my deposit on one! I have already been to the dealership to build one but I am having a hard time choosing between the sports package and the sun roof.

I originally priced it with the sunroof and the larger rims, which is about the same costs as the sports package. However, after a while I think that I would rather minus the sunroof and go with the sports package. I live in Michigan and only have a few times where I would think I would use it but as the same time I love the sunroof.

Question is do you really think the extra 2 grand is worth the sports package, from bumper, grill, wheels and larger breaks or go with the sunroof?

I will be leasing the car with the option to buy after, but I am trying to keep the costs as low as possible.

Thanks Guys loving this forum!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey everyone, been lurking on here for the past couple weeks and have to say I have feel in love with the car ever since the super bowl commercial. So much that I will be going in this week and putting in my deposit on one! I have already been to the dealership to build one but I am having a hard time choosing between the sports package and the sun roof.

I originally priced it with the sunroof and the larger rims, which is about the same costs as the sports package. However, after a while I think that I would rather minus the sunroof and go with the sports package. I live in Michigan and only have a few times where I would think I would use it but as the same time I love the sunroof.

Question is do you really think the extra 2 grand is worth the sports package, from bumper, grill, wheels and larger breaks or go with the sunroof?

I will be leasing the car with the option to buy after, but I am trying to keep the costs as low as possible.

Thanks Guys loving this forum!
Hey Captain,

Where in Michigan? I'm near Ann Arbor and am going through the same debate. I think I can only choose one of the options you mentioned as well as the 4Matic option. Right now, I'm leaning toward Sunroof and upgraded wheels. It's an expensive sunroof, but will be better than any sunroof I've had. Even in Winter will be nice from a light perspective.

Since you're in Mich, are you looking at 4Matic?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually not to far away from you, I live over in Livonia. That was my original plan, especially since the sunroof is so large, but the more I look at that front end and the rims that come with the sports package i'm starting to sway my vote. This may come down to a last minute choice. I would like the 4 matic but at the same time I don't want to wait that long and I think the front wheel drive will due it's job, but I'm also biased because I can just take my truck on the really bad days haha.

Just found out some bad news that my lease from Ford is two months longer then I thought it was ugh, im hoping they have a early trade in grace period haha.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sports Package !! Remember the car comes standard with a sunroof already and the " sunroof " option you're speaking about is probably the Panorama Sunroof where it's larger than the normal sunroof !?!? Though it'll be nice to have this but if given a choice between the two Id opt for the Sports Package and take the standard sunroof instead ! Good luck with your decision !

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sports Package !! Remember the car comes standard with a sunroof already and the " sunroof " option you're speaking about is probably the Panorama Sunroof where it's larger than the normal sunroof !?!? Though it'll be nice to have this but if given a choice between the two Id opt for the Sports Package and take the standard sunroof instead ! Good luck with your decision !
Can you post a picture or article showing the standard sunroof, i cant seem to find anything mentioning a standard sunroof option. If it comes with one standard, that makes my car even cheaper than i planned, and that makes me happy.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I get my cla in April and this has definitely no sunroof, in Germany, there are only the panoramic roof and that costs extra €1118,60.
Automatic, Xenon and the Sportpaket(urban) was most important to me!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I haven't seen a standard sunroof documented anywhere either. I still think I go with the panoramic, but might starting considering Sport package or 4Matic more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to say I never saw an option at the dealership for a sunroof that comes standard with. heck you even have to get the additional I Phone hook up at an extra charge! But I still want it haha. I think the sports package is winning the battle at this point, my last four cars have had a sun roof and I dont think I hardly used those as well.

Does anyone possibly known if Ford will give a grace period for turning in a lease? I can't stand my car now and I want out as soon as the CLA comes out!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'd go with neither and get the "Chick Magnet Package". You'll be fighting off swarms of girls flocking to your car where ever you go.

But seriously, if I were you I'd get the sports package. I haven't have a sunroof in over 15 years and never once missed it. I like the extra headroom for wearing baseball hats or when I'm banging broads.

I've never heard of a standard sunroof being standard equip for North America. I don't think that's correct info. I actually prefer no sunroof for the reason(s) mentioned above.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'd go with neither and get the "Chick Magnet Package". You'll be fighting off swarms of girls flocking to your car where ever you go.

But seriously, if I were you I'd get the sports package. I haven't have a sunroof in over 15 years and never once missed it. I like the extra headroom for wearing baseball hats or when I'm banging broads.

I've never heard of a standard sunroof being standard equip for North America. I don't think that's correct info. I actually prefer no sunroof for the reason(s) mentioned above.
The C class has a standard sunroof with the Pano being an option. I dont think the CLA has a standard sunroof though, i havent seen any pics in the ordering guide that was posted here a while back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The C class has a standard sunroof with the Pano being an option. I dont think the CLA has a standard sunroof though, i havent seen any pics in the ordering guide that was posted here a while back.
Ahhh my bad then !! I was juts going by my experience with the C class since the one i had the sunroof came standard. Id still opt for the Sports package or as JoeyO calls it " chick magnet package " :big smile:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sports Package! More for the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think you guys have all twisted my arm for the sports package, especially looking outside and watching the snow/rain today ugh. So its the sports package, upgraded headlights, leather, and heated seats for me, in white!! I am really excited to get this deposit in sometime within the next week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
After consideration, ive decided on the Sports package. Really love the wheels, steering wheel and body kit. Dont know what else is in the package, but that alone is worth it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts