Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is Shazada from The Netherlands.
I went down a strange road.......

1. I ordered a default 17" with comfort suspension CLA 220 CDI
2. Then I put 18" rim on it and let the Dealer put the original AMG/Sport suspension on it. It went from comfort to very nice, not too tight ride. Almost perfect. There was one thing not correct, it was still too damn high :p.
3. Finally Ordered The Eibach Pro-kit Springs to lower it. I didn't want H&R, cause those are just too stiff and I like my comfort. Now it's perfect!!!

Original on 17" at the Mercedes Factory in Germany:
WP_20130704_023_small.jpg
AMG Suspension with 18"
WP_20130808_006_small.jpg
Eibach Pro-kit just springs lowered
WP_20130911_002_small.jpg
And another one, just looks cool :)
WP_20130911_08_14_41_small.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
shazada,
That is a cool mean looking car !!!!, I like the color and the final product, is day and night difference, amazing how much changed the looks with the new tires...
Esteban

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi, this is Shazada from The Netherlands.
I went down a strange road.......

1. I ordered a default 17" with comfort suspension CLA 220 CDI
2. Then I put 18" rim on it and let the Dealer put the original AMG/Sport suspension on it. It went from comfort to very nice, not too tight ride. Almost perfect. There was one thing not correct, it was still too damn high :p.
3. Finally Ordered The Eibach Pro-kit Springs to lower it. I didn't want H&R, cause those are just too stiff and I like my comfort. Now it's perfect!!!

Original on 17" at the Mercedes Factory in Germany:
View attachment 1725
AMG Suspension with 18"
View attachment 1726
Eibach Pro-kit just springs lowered
View attachment 1728
And another one, just looks cool :)
View attachment 1727
you've done so well, would be interested what the chassis feels

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shazada,

Looks perfect..!

You mentioned that you let the dealer install the AMG/sport springs. Is that the same as the factory Sport-under carriage? Or does the sport under carriage have more different elements compared to the standard/comfort version?

Did you only change the springs? Does this work well with the standard shocks? And how about the warranty...is that still ok when you install aftermarket springs?

Ciao

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
So how do I get Eibach Pro-kit Springs put on my 250cla here in Philly?
There has to be an independent tuner shop that works on MB in your area. That would be the route to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shazada,

Looks perfect..!

You mentioned that you let the dealer install the AMG/sport springs. Is that the same as the factory Sport-under carriage? Or does the sport under carriage have more different elements compared to the standard/comfort version?

Did you only change the springs? Does this work well with the standard shocks? And how about the warranty...is that still ok when you install aftermarket springs?

Ciao
The AMG suspension was full out, springs shocks and anti-rollbar replacement.
If you just lower it on a comfort suspension, then the car will feel unbalanced. Now it feels nice.

@Supercla: if I'd to do it all over again, then I wouldn't have done the AMG suspension for €1300.
I'd directly go for a full KW / Eibach / Koni adjustable suspension with a H&R anti-rollbar.
Financial this was still cheaper than getting an AMG model of the factory.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The ride is Great! The only thing is, that I can't take the speed breakers at a higher speed dan 5/10 km/h. And even need to go sideways/diagonal over them :(.

But next to it, it's damn perfect in way of looks and steering. The car feels much heavier than before, probably because it's much lower and the air-flow is now a bit different.

In clean weather a couple of weeks ago:
WP_20130916_18_25_52_small.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great job, looks so much better! Are you bottoming out when driving into inclined driveways?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Your car looks great!! I love those rims, too!

Are they 18s? What's the offset on them? I'm trying to figure out whether the OE 19s will need spacers to be flush and, if so, how large they'll need to be.

-Eric

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It's some plastic thingie which scrapes and not the bumper. yep it somethimes scrapes on driveways, it depends, but I haven't hit the bumper so that saves me :). But it's not that extreme that I scrape everything, it's just some (2 out of 10).

The rims are 18inch, the offset is I guess ET45 and 8J. I didn't get a lot of choice in 19 Inch, so I took these.

·
Registered
88 Posts
looks good. i'm not a big fan of your rims choice, but drops looks neat.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! I know the rims are not everyone's choice and neither is the CLA ?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

1 - 20 of 30 Posts