Mercedes CLA Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey. . I ordered mine early October from Coral Gables and it is supposed to arrive by February. Did u get yours already?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
495 Posts
Can you tell me which dealership you got the 4% off ? Thanks.
I got mine from Cutler Bay, I originally visited coral gables which is a sister branch, but didn't get to the number I want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newbie here fromTampa. (Go Rays!) I ordered my CLA today! It was very hard to locate a dealer around this general area that even had one on their lot to test drive! I was told I would be able to take delivery of my newly ordered CLA around May or June. Does anyone know why it will take that long?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Newbie here fromTampa. (Go Rays!) I ordered my CLA today! It was very hard to locate a dealer around this general area that even had one on their lot to test drive! I was told I would be able to take delivery of my newly ordered CLA around May or June. Does anyone know why it will take that long?
When is your expected build date?

Due to the huge success of the CLA launch, Mercedes is expecting supply shortage for the CLA and say the supply won't meet the demand until around the July of 2014.

Mercedes CLA to Be Hit by Supply Shortages in 2014

I read about the "July 2014 " in another article in case you are wondering since the link above didn't mention that

·
Registered
3 Posts
When is your expected build date?

Due to the huge success of the CLA launch, Mercedes is expecting supply shortage for the CLA and say the supply won't meet the demand until around the July of 2014.

Mercedes CLA to Be Hit by Supply Shortages in 2014

I read about the "July 2014 " in another article in case you are wondering since the link above didn't mention that
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure when the "build date" is as of yet. I expect the dealer will notify me with that information soon. My salesman pretty much told me the same thing as the article you so kindly attached. However , I felt like the reasoning seemed a bit vague. This is my first Mercedes and my first time ordering a car so I'm not really sure about how the process works. Hopefully my dealer will keep me informed. Do you have any suggestions or advise for me?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I had to order mine as well since my specifications was not available in the lot or any nearby dealerships. The process that I was told was basically a time frame of around 2 to 3 months from order to delivery if I would have to order from scratch. My salesperson manage to find an editable order which has a sooner build date which save me probably about a month of waiting time. So here is my story: I put down a deposit on 10/2, my CLA was built on 10/22 and the car was delivered on 11/22. Back then there were already some delays going on when many of the CLAs were sitting at the port but didn't get a chance to hop on a ship due to overbooking. So I guess the 2 main factors that are affecting the delivery of CLA are the production line itself and then the logistics.

hope this help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone interested in working with us on prototyping performance parts? Levels Performance is a specialty performance fabrication facility located in Orlando,FL. I am currently looking for a local CLA to bring in for R&D on a few parts. The owner will receive free prototype parts once they are complete.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] or on the forums here.

We have had great success with our Ford ST performance components and I would like to offer the same quality and performance to the CLA community.

Thank you,

Nik @ Levels

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure when the "build date" is as of yet. I expect the dealer will notify me with that information soon. My salesman pretty much told me the same thing as the article you so kindly attached. However , I felt like the reasoning seemed a bit vague. This is my first Mercedes and my first time ordering a car so I'm not really sure about how the process works. Hopefully my dealer will keep me informed. Do you have any suggestions or advise for me?
Do you have a PO number? You need a PO number. There'll be a period when you can make changes to the specs, then they'll get frozen and that's what you're getting. Make sure you know all the options. A few people have done the research too late and regretted it.
Don't assume the salesman will keep you informed. There can be a HUGE difference between sales people. Some are enthusiasts and others may as well be working at Best Buy. I talked to a number of sales people until I found one that knew anything. You'll need to push to get what you want. You may feel like you're being a pain at the dealership but that's OK, it's your money.
Lots of good information on this forum.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Do you have a PO number? You need a PO number. There'll be a period when you can make changes to the specs, then they'll get frozen and that's what you're getting. Make sure you know all the options. A few people have done the research too late and regretted it.
Don't assume the salesman will keep you informed. There can be a HUGE difference between sales people. Some are enthusiasts and others may as well be working at Best Buy. I talked to a number of sales people until I found one that knew anything. You'll need to push to get what you want. You may feel like you're being a pain at the dealership but that's OK, it's your money.
Lots of good information on this forum.
Call and keep on them. I placed my order on 12/23 and as of last Wednesday, I still didn't have my build date. I will call or email Monday or Tuesday to see if there is a build date. Although I was assured I'd be told when it is confirmed, I trust myself to be on top of this more than anyone else!

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
451 Posts
Anyone interested in working with us on prototyping performance parts? Levels Performance is a specialty performance fabrication facility located in Orlando,FL. I am currently looking for a local CLA to bring in for R&D on a few parts. The owner will receive free prototype parts once they are complete.

We have had great success with our Ford ST performance components and I would like to offer the same quality and performance to the CLA community.

Thank you,

Nik @ Levels
I live 15 minutes away from Orlando and work in Orlando.

What kind of performance parts are we talking about?

·
Registered
383 Posts

Thank you,

Nik @ Levels
I'm up for it. im jacksonville, but Im down in orlando frequently.

·
Registered
80 Posts
West Kendall checking in and I got a call from MB of Cutler Bay yesterday that my CLA 45 will be here in March,,,:big smile:

41 - 60 of 93 Posts