Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may be off topic cause its not exactly the CLA but just wanted our opinion on the last car in the video painted chromelike blue at 2:48
me personally, i think Mercedes should have used that color instead of Universal Blue as it really will grab your attention...

.....................click on 2:48 for Blue if you are in a rush...:smile:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Definitely a great choice to showcase a concept/future platform ("Electric Drive") though I'm unsure if such a finish would ever be offered to the public...?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im sure that could be a customized paint job aftermarket if you really wanted to... but probably very expensive although i hear thru the grapevine that decent car wrap could be had for 2500-3500 :big smile:

·
Registered
730 Posts
im sure that could be a customized paint job aftermarket if you really wanted to...
... or are a Sheik in the Middle East gulf-region, ha! :D

There have been similar exterior finishes in that region from various German auto manufacturers (namely MB), so definitely MB can/will facilitate those who wish for such.

If there was more chrome/polish work on the CLA, I wonder what a chrome-like overlay on the roof would look like in-person? Other than being able to cook omlettes & brisket on the roof in 105F+ Texas heat, ha! :p

I do agree w/ the comments in this thread that a more interesting blue finish would've been well received. I believe MB could've gone either w/ a bold blue (think: azure/cobalt or teal/ aquamarine) or w/ a classy distinguished blue (Prussian/navy, deap-sea/midnight). For fans of blue, many young (at-heart) as well as enthusiast & fashionable types would've had interest in the former, whereas other fans of blues who are more-under-the-radar as well as wanting something-something more a black finish would've had interest in the latter.

The salesman at my local area dealership whom I've been in touch w/ mentioned that for $250, along w/ the cost of applicable option, any existing MB paint/finish/etc can be spec'd into a pre-order (from the factory). Seems too-good-to-be-true as it's $720 for a metallic paint, and $250 custom-spec charge for that making it less than a grand?!? There must be more to it than that. Is the metallic paint charge $720 on all MB models?

With that said, I think such would delay a non-standard spec' order if one was compelled to get an early'ish delivery (September '13). Once production ramped up, I think it'd take a normal amount of time to incorporate a non-standard spec' into a CLA pre-order.

FWIW, when I was shopping around for an S-Class S550 (W221) in the past year, the dark metallic blue w/ saddle leather interior was the one that I would hone in on always. I found it to be very understated yet personable. It was almost like a time-warp from the days of the W126, when I was growing up & was very impressionable. The S-Class models 560SEL, 420SEL, and 300SD of then in the dark-blue exterior finish & dark-tan leather interior were what made an impression on me, and it has remained! MB does this combo the best in the industry, I believe...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
X11 Quote:The salesman at my local area dealership whom I've been in touch w/ mentioned that for $250, along w/ the cost of applicable option, any existing MB paint/finish/etc can be spec'd into a pre-order (from the factory). Seems too-good-to-be-true as it's $720 for a metallic paint, and $250 custom-spec charge for that making it less than a grand?!? There must be more to it than that. Is the metallic paint charge $720 on all MB models?
---------
$250 for an optional order i would go for it: why? cause look at the time we have to wait still (sept/oct?) whats another few weeks or months if thats what your really want)
about the wraps: i may end up wrapping my non panoramic top either Justin Beaver Chrome or Glossy BLack :)
no offense to the JB fans out there... lol :haha:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice use of blue in the quoted reply! :D
$250 for an optional order i would go for it: why? cause look at the time we have to wait still (sept/oct?) whats another few weeks or months if thats what your really want)
Well said! It's just that I'm in a predicament in that I had planned to add another vehicle to the current stable by latter spring. In the summer months, lotsa familia visits (sister's family, etc) & I give 'em my other ride (a comfy family-sedan) which I use as a daily-driver. Now that I've gotten whiff of the CLA, I'm hooked & willing to wait till September & deal w/ the summer guests & their mobility as-is. Whether it's September or December, it truly won't affect my lifestyle as in-essence I need to add a car by May anyways. But, waiting from April/May to September/etc is even much, as I'm a car'guy & really itching to add something fun! :D

However w/ that said, it'd be nice to get something as neat as the CLA before it becomes somewhat common in these here parts! Kinda cool when people won't know what it is, ha! Even the wait to September is gonna be a bit much... :eek:

If I had the time this spring/fall, I'd just grab something for a few months & flip it once the CLA arrives. It's just that I'm too thorough & exhaustive in my acquisitions, as well as being too practical (dealing w/ multiple TTLs, depreciation/residuals, etc. in a short time-frame). Not to mention work is gonna be nuts on my end all spring & summer. I think I can only manage enough mojo for the CLA, not even consider putting in energy towards another ride for the in-term.

Anyone wanna lease me an '07+ CLS550/CLS63 till my CLA arrives? :p

about the wraps: i may end up wrapping my non panoramic top either Justin Beaver Chrome or Glossy BLack :)
no offense to the JB fans out there... lol :haha:
... lolz!!!

If there was more chrome/polished work on the CLA, such as front/rear bumper accents, door-handles, window-moldings, grille bezel, trunklid strip accent, headlight/trailit trim, etc. I'd actually look into a chrome/polished overlay for the roof! Though, I'm not sure how it'd look on a sedan. On a sporty MB coupe, it may look even better!

·
Registered
73 Posts
X11 Quote:The salesman at my local area dealership whom I've been in touch w/ mentioned that for $250, along w/ the cost of applicable option, any existing MB paint/finish/etc can be spec'd into a pre-order (from the factory). Seems too-good-to-be-true as it's $720 for a metallic paint, and $250 custom-spec charge for that making it less than a grand?!? There must be more to it than that. Is the metallic paint charge $720 on all MB models?
---------

I will definitely be checking this with my dealer! I'll have to check out the other MB colors. Dark Metallic Blue would be absolutely perfect!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
---------

I will definitely be checking this with my dealer! I'll have to check out the other MB colors. Dark Metallic Blue would be absolutely perfect!
--------
universal blue... lol
------------
chrome wrapped from bumper to bumper
-------

·
Registered
105 Posts
---------

I'm a buyer for Cavansite Blue Metallic for an extra 3 bills

·
Registered
105 Posts
OMG! That is the EXACT color I want! Can we get it in the U.S.? How do I go about getting it? SO EXCITED . . . hope it can be a reality!
If I read right, Osiris X11 said for a 250 extra charge on top of metallic paint cost you can get any paint color (in the MB range ?) this color is a paint offered on North American AND European C, CLS, E and S class

·
Registered
73 Posts
If I read right, Osiris X11 said for a 250 extra charge on top of metallic paint cost you can get any paint color (in the MB range ?) this color is a paint offered on North American AND European C, CLS, E and S class
Worth every penny, if it's possible to get it! Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
i think what you guys are reading is European stuff not USA.. it could be all different here... im not aware that Merc will paint your car any color for 250 more and i have owned 4 of them in my life... still have an 07 pewter c class... wife has white one 06 very clean ...
but if 250 works out thats really great and worth every dollar spent:money:
on second thought maybe that 250is misprint and is really :popped out:2500

1 - 20 of 21 Posts