Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so if not Brembos, what else do you guys recommend? I want the quality to be as good as Brembos. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not bad. I just paid 1550 for front pads and rotors. I wanted to cry but I don't trust anyone else with my car unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
my neighbor is master mechanic and recommended hawx pads for longevity and low brake dust.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not bad. I just paid 1550 for front pads and rotors. I wanted to cry but I don't trust anyone else with my car unfortunately.
I get that. I've been working on cars for a while now, so changing the pads and rotors is no biggie for me. Just changed the rotors and pads on my sister's Mazda.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I went with Brembos rotors in the rear and DFC (Dynamic Friction Company) Carbon Alloy rotors up front with their DFC EURO 5000 ceramic pads all around. Been very pleased with the stopping power so far. Have to go back and look at what I paid for the setup but it wasn't that bad if I recall and like you I couldn't find Brembos front rotors anywere (this was back in January)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with Brembos rotors in the rear and DFC (Dynamic Friction Company) Carbon Alloy rotors up front with their DFC EURO 5000 ceramic pads all around. Been very pleased with the stopping power so far. Have to go back and look at what I paid for the setup but it wasn't that bad if I recall and like you I couldn't find Brembos front rotors anywere (this was back in January)
Thanks, definitely would be interested in understanding the cost of the total setup.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought I might include some more information for posterity sake:

22K miles on the car.

The pad wear was:
LF 4/32
RF 3/32
LR 7/32
RR 7/32

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks, definitely would be interested in understanding the cost of the total setup.
Looking back at my email invoice,:
Rear Brembo rotors from cquence brakes for $265
Front Rotors, front & rear pads, and 2 front sensors wires from DFC for $303

Grand total for new brakes $568
Also grabbed a cheap brake caliper piston spreader tool from Amazon for like $15 buck...made the job so much easier and quicker. I was done with all 4 brakes in 1.5 hours. Only thing I didn't do myself was the brake fluid flush, went to the dealership to get that done.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hawk PC or SM?
I assume pc is ceramic but what is sm? I recall him saying the ceramic will drastically cut down the brake dust. I can ask him when I see him later.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I assume pc is ceramic but what is sm? I recall him saying the ceramic will drastically cut down the brake dust. I can ask him when I see him later.
SM= Semi Metallic pad
Has good brake bite but produces a lot more brake dust
Ceramic pad does cut down on the dust vs SM pads but don't have as an agressive brake bite as the SM pads do

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
@NLV45 noted the details ... thank you
Theres some company that came up some hybrid alien pad bites like sm dusts like pc or nao (non asbestos organic) think its raybestos eht
But could not find any pads to fit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
5 Participants
jmc
Mercedes CLA Forum
We’re a community dedicated to the Mercedes-Benz CLA & CLA45 AMG. We offer CLA pictures, technical discussions, and more from owners across the world.
Full Forum Listing