Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about how many of you have decided to mount the front license plate. And has anyone gotten a ticket or been stopped for not having it?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just got mine so i do not have plates yet however my car before this was a 2014 challenger r/t shaker edition and i opted to not have the plates on the front. I most likely will do the same once the dealer calls me with my plates....

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Don't know about Texas but here in California they started cracking down on front plates. I have mine on to avoid getting hassled since I have tint too. Don't need to give them another reason to pull me over.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I won't say whether mine is on or not. Shh.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Use the Platypus tow hook license plate mount from Craven Speed . Only draw back is the driver warning assist will beep every once in while because the sensor is behind bumper close to that location. Does not bother me would rather have that than holes in the bumper

·
Registered
87 Posts
The dealer installed mine. They may not stop you for no front plate, but if you get stopped for something else, its an additional $200.00.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I got stopped for plates over the weekend driving to round rock. Trooper didn't write me a ticket for it but wrote me a ticket for my tint. I think he was just bored and looking to harass someone. He said he couldn't read my stickers because my red hat was behind them. Then he measured my eyebrow on the windshield which I found amusing to say the least esp since the as1 line is way below my brow. then he asked me to raise all my windows and next thing I know im getting a tint ticket. when he stuck the meter on the car it read 22% on transparency and the legal limit I was told is 25. I asked the cop to let it slide and he refused. Point being when you travel from city to city best bet is to tiestrap your front plate to the grill cause the troppers will pull you over for no plate. In the larger cites most cops don't seem to care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts