Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

i have a cla200 petrol. I wonder what consumption u all at? My reaction is that it drinks a lot of fuel even if i try to dry ekonomicly? i think im at 0.7l per 100km for the most? Sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
2014 CLA 250 4MATIC ✨
87 Posts
Hi guys,

i have a cla200 petrol. I wonder what consumption u all at? My reaction is that it drinks a lot of fuel even if i try to dry ekonomicly? i think im at 0.7l per 100km for the most? Sorry for my bad english.
Premium gas 94, also check for a hole in your intake that can cause your gas to be going quicker as well... it happened to me lolol

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I don't understand... why is 7L/100 km bad? What are you expecting?

Right from the dealership 5.5 years ago, my CLA was doing 7.5L/100km on the average with mix city and HWY driving.

Now after 5.5 years of ownership, it's still returning ~ 7.5L/100km mix city / HWY driving.

If I fill up my gas tank at a gas station near a freeway entrance, and I drive out of the gas station straight onto the freeway, and cruise at 90km/h, I can easily get 5L/100km, NO city driving as the proviso.

I am not really sure what on earth you are expecting from the 2.0L turbocharged engine , Mercedes never claimed it can run below 8L/100km in their marketing. Please do your research on the CLA , it's release operational specs as published.

It's one thing to "want to expect what the gas mileage should be", but it's another what the realistic specs of the CLA really is...

Either you are really so naive/ignorant or this is a "troll" post... if it's the latter, then you definitely succeeded...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hi guys,

Suggest double checking your measurements.per jmc & mav238 >
Would not 7L/100km = 34 miles/gallon?
Which would be very good fuel consumption in the U.S.

Reactions: mkins2sloww

·
Registered
2014 CLA 250 4MATIC ✨
87 Posts
For me with the tune and everything it’s doing 22-25 miles/ gallon. On the highway it says 30 miles/gallon

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
The thread post initiator, if not a troll, obviously forgot they drive a turbocharged 2.0L engine, not a 1.5L or 1.0L turbocharged engines. I think he/she is from europe or asia, where small displacement engines (<1.5L) are commonplace, where mileage > 40mpg is expected. He/she also forgot this 2L engine is not a hybrid... turbocharged engines , particularly 2-2.5L in displacement , are designed to produce the same power and performance as V6 (or even V8 engines) without the poor consumption issues. Think of the CLA45, 2L engine , tweaked to pump out almost 400HP!!! but yet fuel consumption is pretty good when compared with a 400HP V6 engine.

I have to conclude the post initiator is a troll... pretending not to know english well... JMHO

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
12,114 Posts
Wait a sec

The op has a cla200 so its the 1.6 engine (circa 2017-2018)

So theoretically it should be better than 7L/100km

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
@jmc
In the U.S. fuel economy is required to be stated in MPG (city & highway.),
What are you saying it is (or should be), for the CLA200?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Wait a sec

The op has a cla200 so its the 1.6 engine (circa 2017-2018)

So theoretically it should be better than 7L/100km
Check this out: As spec'd by Mercedes Vs real life fuel consumption

CLA200 fuel consumption

You are right, it's a small 1.6L engine, and theoretically, it should be < 7L/100km as claimed by Mercedes. Maybe the poster was spending too much time in clogged urban driving; if it's true, no matter how small displacement the engine might be, it will be register poor economy.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yes correct
The CLA 200 Petrol is available in India.
Mercedes rates this as 15.04 kmpl, Indian ARAI Standard, (as far as I can determine here in the U.S.)
So, I repeat :) Comments # 8 to you Prinseen and # 13 to jmc

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
The CLA 200 Petrol is available in India.
Mercedes rates this as 15.04 kmpl, Indian ARAI Standard, (as far as I can determine here in the U.S.)
So, I repeat :) Comments # 8 to you Prinseen and # 13 to jmc
Looks like the poster is from India, which I believe is notorious for their ridiculously clogged traffic, even a scooter would be burning fuel like water ...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Check this out: As spec'd by Mercedes Vs real life fuel consumption...
Priinseen has not told us which version of the CLA200 Petrol he has.....the 156 Bhp (NA), which relates to Your link or the 181 Bhp in Comment # 15 although IMO, the rated differences are small.
What is really important is the real life actual numbers in Your link ✅, which Priinseen has not reacted to yet.

·
Registered
12,114 Posts
@Geo K
Based on straight volumetrics i would guess at least 33mpg average for the 1.6 for typical driving and usage mix
And straight highway use well geee better be >38mpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately, I didn't have such a car, I can't tell you anything about it. But in my opinion, the level of fuel consumption is expected. I can't tell you exactly. And what kind of engine you have, you can please say, or at least the engine capacity. Maybe you should read the information about your car on this site Vehicles’ Mpg Guide – Prompt and Quick Data | Fuelson. It's just that when I was thinking about what kind of car to buy, I always read a lot about it. What is the fuel consumption, how much are the parts, and so on? Perhaps my advice will help you, my friend. In my opinion, everything is fine with your car. Such a class of vehicles consumes such a large amount of fuel. This is normal.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts