Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I saw these two in London a few days back and really liked the look of them. I think I know they're variants of the G Class but what is the difference?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Same G-Wagen used by militaries, UN, and contractors worldwide. Assembled in Austria. Designed in the '70s, produced in the '80s. It's a hardcore piece of equipment, generally wasted in the concrete jungles & 'burbs they end up in.

Not very competitive, comparatively to most modern street-going/light-duty current offerings that have benefited from platform updates & redesigns. However, these things are special like the Land Rover Defender & Hummer H1 Alpha.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Okay cool, do they have specific different names?
The top G-Wagen ("Gelandewagen") is likely stock from the factory (w/ some bolt'ons & AMG bits) but the bottom one is modified by some after-market tuner and/or custom fabricator, for a client. Central London is a melting-pot of personas ranging from usual celebs & footballers to Int'l business leaders & expats, as well as usual well-heeled English folk.

There are also other tuning-houses who focus on MB models such as Brabus, Renntech, Carlsson, Lorinser, Kleeman, Techart, etc.

Reactions: SHUMBIZLE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The top G-Wagen ("Gelandewagen") is likely stock from the factory (w/ some bolt'ons & AMG bits) but the bottom one is modified by some after-market tuner and/or custom fabricator, for a client. Central London is a melting-pot of personas ranging from usual celebs & footballers to Int'l business leaders & expats, as well as usual well-heeled English folk.

There are also other tuning-houses who focus on MB models such as Brabus, Renntech, Carlsson, Lorinser, Kleeman, Techart, etc.
Thank you

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey guys, I saw these two in London a few days back and really liked the look of them. I think I know they're variants of the G Class but what is the difference?

on the upper picture is the G-class by a man
on the bottom picture is the G-class by a gay man

(and: the lower G-class has the steering wheel on the wrong side)

·
Registered
172 Posts
on the upper picture is the G-class by a man
on the bottom picture is the G-class by a gay man

(and: the lower G-class has the steering wheel on the wrong side)
The OP said he saw these in London which makes the black one with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The OP said he saw these in London which makes the black one with the steering wheel on the wrong side.
It doesn't matter what side the steering wheel is on- if it's in the city, some idiot Kardashian or Lohan is probably driving so stay away if you value your life!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts