Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 9 months, I finally programmed the garage door opener in the car. I was concerned if someone busted my window and pressed the button, would it open the garage door? I tested it with the car locked and the windows down, reached in and pressed the button, nothing happened. Car unlocked and pressed the button and nothing happened.

I can confirm the only way it will open is if the key is in the #2 position or start.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
So after 9 months, I finally programmed the garage door opener in the car. I was concerned if someone busted my window and pressed the button, would it open the garage door? I tested it with the car locked and the windows down, reached in and pressed the button, nothing happened. Car unlocked and pressed the button and nothing happened.

I can confirm the only way it will open is if the key is in the #2 position or start.
Yes, quite true. I think my last half dozen cars with built in openers operated this way. Much, much better than the days when you had only the clip on battery powered unit that came with the garage door unit. I never clipped it to the visor, but kept it in my glove box, just to keep it out of sight.

Reactions: jedi45

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, quite true. I think my last half dozen cars with built in openers operated this way. Much, much better than the days when you had only the clip on battery powered unit that came with the garage door unit. I never clipped it to the visor, but kept it in my glove box, just to keep it out of sight.
I did the same for years. I locked mine in the glove box. Got into a routine of unlocking when I got into my car and locking after I got home.

I somehow reset every transmitter and keypad while setting the one for the car. Good thing I caught it bc I usually don't carry keys for the house. Had to reprogram all of them.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I did the same for years. I locked mine in the glove box. Got into a routine of unlocking when I got into my car and locking after I got home.

I somehow reset every transmitter and keypad while setting the one for the car. Good thing I caught it bc I usually don't carry keys for the house. Had to reprogram all of them.
Had a similar problem. My CLA lost its programming for my garage door, but retained it for Maggie's door. So, I reprogrammed it, but then the key pad wouldn't operate correctly. After 3 tries, got that to work, but my wife's car lost its programming. Considering hiring a valet or IT guy!
I also rarely carry house keys, so having the cars and keypad working are essential.

Reactions: jedi45

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also reprogrammed it last week because I was always leaving the car with fear. I have never had this kind of problem but some of my neighbors had, so finally, I decided to do it because I don't want any surprises. I recently got a new garage door opener installed, so it was the right time to fix this once and for all. Indeed it's the way you say and it opens only when the key is in the 2 position or start. This is a great upgrade for me and I'm glad I finally did it because now I feel more secure.

·
Registered
2015 CLA 250 Sport +
4 Posts
I’ve tried several times and cannot seem to get mine programmed. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2015 CLA 250 4matic
33 Posts
If your wary of using the in-vehicle garage door opener I don’t blame you.
I bought one of those little keychain openers for $15 on amazon. Then it’s always with you and don’t take up much space on the key ring. The one I got actually looks like a smaller version of the Merc key.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts