Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 CLA250. This winter I started to notice a gas smell in the engine compartment. I checked the engine compartment and the whole underneath of the car and there's no gasoline leak, and no gasoline on garage floor. No check engine light.

It only happens in the morning in cold days (about 50F or below). The gas smell start to appear right after I open any car door (without starting the car). After I opened the door, I can heard a few air/gas puffing noises coming from the engine compartment and then I can smell the gas.

Please help. Anyone has this same issue?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 CLA250. This winter I started to notice a gas smell in the engine compartment. I checked the engine compartment and the whole underneath of the car and there's no gasoline leak, and no gasoline on garage floor. No check engine light.

It only happens in the morning in cold days (about 50F or below). The gas smell start to appear right after I open any car door (without starting the car). After I opened the door, I can heard a few air/gas puffing noises coming from the engine compartment and then I can smell the gas.

Please help. Anyone has this same issue?

Thank you.
Hey Kay,
I'm starting to notice the exact same thing that happened to you in my 2014 CLA250. The issue also appears to happen during cold mornings. Were you able to get your issue resolved? What was the cause?
Appreciate any input you can provide!
Rafa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts