Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planining on going to my local dealership to put in the deposit this month. Am I wrong to consider myself not too far down th e wait list. I mean they don't even have the brochures for the amg yet and I want an amg. I'm in nyc btw. So have I procrastinated too long with my deposit to be among the first to get this car?

I've seen a white one and it looks very beautiful. So much so that I'm guessing there will be lots of white ones and I want a amg. I mean of course I'd prefer mine not to look like all the 250s people are going to have.
In fact I'm torn, I would rather pay extra for the Patagonia red if it means more exclusivity then white, but not at the expense of diminished looks. I want the best looking color/s. and if absolutely nothing does justice to the lines of this car quite like the white then I'm going to have to get the amg white and not worry about other white 250s. For example, the audi a7! I've seen seen a lot of colors of that car in person and every one of them are far short of the beauty a white a7 has. If the cla is going to be similar and white ones will be inifinitely more sexy then other colors regardless of extra money spent. Then I'm going to have to get white.

Has anyone seen both a white and Patagonia red in real life? Please tell me about it!
Another thing I see giving the edge to white is how well the carbon fiber trim looks on the white. Although the trim would probably look that well on a pata red too.

Lastly, do you guys think this amg will be able to hold its own against the m3s and 63amgs of the world. I don't want to feel insecure when those big boys drive by. Early reviews don't show the kinda love an amg should be getting. :(

·
Registered
294 Posts
You may be surprised by the length of the wait list. Over two months ago,there were already 40 people ahead of me on the list at a Seattle area dealer. But, at least you'll be ahead of all those that won't place an order until after they have seen one in person. My bet is that there are going to be tons of the white CLA's running the streets in fairly short order given that MB has been showcasing the car mostly in white.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
My kids live in Upper West Side 92nd and work at Lower East Side near Chinatown. You can bike faster to work than drive.
What does a CLA45 do for you in Manhattan ?
Not to mention $23.00 first 30 minutes parking...:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It not going to be daily driver. Anyone who's driven in nyc will document for you how the roads are like a third world country. Highways in nyc are like an ugly joke to car enthusiasts. This baby will be mostly for short trips near my home in queens while I take the other one to work. I pay 25$ for parking all day in the downtown Wall Street area.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Because of the delayed availability in Panoramic roof, night style package and god knows what else, you may be able
to sneak in and take whatever CLA45 that you can get your hands on. I know I for one, being #2 at one dealership and #4 at another for a white CLA45
depending on who is going to come through first, will skip my turn if the right equipment is not available such as the roof. And I know the sunroof is
a must for California CLAs so others may do the same. That leaves the first batch of cars into dealer's showroom available to whoever willing to take one without the
panoramic roof or Night style package. Not sure if this logic works for Mercedes Benz of Manhattan. Either way, waiting a bit is actually good because I am
buying the car blind, not having seen it, let alone driven it prior to purchase. You may have the chance to see the colors in person before putting down money.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because of the delayed availability in Panoramic roof, night style package and god knows what else, you may be able
to sneak in and take whatever CLA45 that you can get your hands on. I know I for one, being #2 at one dealership and #4 at another for a white CLA45
depending on who is going to come through first, will skip my turn if the right equipment is not available such as the roof. And I know the sunroof is
a must for California CLAs so others may do the same. That leaves the first batch of cars into dealer's showroom available to whoever willing to take one without the
panoramic roof or Night style package. Not sure if this logic works for Mercedes Benz of Manhattan. Either way, waiting a bit is actually good because I am
buying the car blind, not having seen it, let alone driven it prior to purchase. You may have the chance to see the colors in person before putting down money.
Lol I want the pano roof as well. Pano roof red calipers and black amg rims are a must. I am leaning towards the carbon package but I don't know if it'll look as beautiful on other colors as it did on a white cla.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Lol I want the pano roof as well. Pano roof red calipers and black amg rims are a must. I am leaning towards the carbon package but I don't know if it'll look as beautiful on other colors as it did on a white cla.
There is a reason Mercedes Benz's official CLA45 is white with the black rim as it clearly looks the best, especially with the red caliper.
I am skipping the black 16 spoke rim because I know I will not be able to keep the red caliper red ( ie. clean ) with the 16 spoke wheel unless I take them off every other week...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a reason Mercedes Benz's official CLA45 is white with the black rim as it clearly looks the best, especially with the red caliper.
I am skipping the black 16 spoke rim because I know I will not be able to keep the red caliper red ( ie. clean ) with the 16 spoke wheel unless I take them off every other week...
I never thought about that. Couldn't u just clean it without taking off the rims? Sure it'll be difficult but definitely possible

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I never thought about that. Couldn't u just clean it without taking off the rims? Sure it'll be difficult but definitely possible
Have to use a small skinny brush to clean the calipers between the spokes and have to move the car frequently a few inches at a time to expose the dirty part of the caliper between the spokes.
My old 2002 Boxster S and later 2010 GTI both have red calipers and both hard to clean. The Boxster had an upgraded factory 19" rim with multiple spokes and that was
a nightmare. Even the GTI with the 18" Detroit wheels that had nice round openings was hard to clean. Just a consideration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts