Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Villa Rica. Also have town home in mid town Atlanta. Still waiting to hear the build date for the 45 AMG ordered in September.

Sent from my iPad using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any interest in organizing a track day? Petite Talladega is just across the border in Alabama. Safe track (middle of a cow pasture so nothing to hit) and tight (actually a motorcycle track). There is. 1 mile straight, so brief triple digits are possible. A couple years ago the price for all day was $1200. Max of 12 cars, max of four at a time in the track, and aggressive passing prohibited. You give way if anyone wants to pass. I did this just once. Very civilized, and a chance to stretch driving skills in a special car. Probably need to invite some Porsches to make the numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
479 Posts
Georgia CLA 250 reporting - south Atlanta area. I'd consider a track day, but I really don't feel the CLA has particularly impressive handing - body roll is notable, or maybe I'm feeling a tendency toward understeer and I tend to do better with a tendency toward oversteer in a vehicle. But... maybe my mind will change when I actually get to whip it around a bit other than when avoiding the craters in the road. That would be fun! And hasten my eventual removal and burning of the loud summer tires I have now.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Okay, around the ATL I've seen (is it you?):
- White CLA 250, non-sport package on I-20 going toward ATL
- Mountain Gray CLA 250 Edition 1 or CLA 45 (judging from the black wheels) around East Atlanta
- White CLA 250, non-sport package in Stockbridge (possibly same as above?)
- Silver CLA 250, sport package, illuminated star in Virginia Highlands by Hand in Hand
- Red CLA 250, sport package (I think) on 75/85 going northbound north of ATL
- Mountain Gray CLA 250, non-sport package going southbound on 75 around midtown area

...and the cars on dealer lots, of course.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Only if you have Jameson and a boat, brother.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Adding to the list of CLA's I've seen.

- Mountain Gray CLA 250, sport package, white interior on I-75 going north into Midtown area (guy)
- White CLA 250, non-sport package on I-20 going toward ATL (woman)
- Mountain Gray CLA 250 Edition 1 or CLA 45 (judging from the black wheels) around East Atlanta
- White CLA 250, non-sport package in Stockbridge (possibly same as above?; woman)
- Silver CLA 250, sport package, illuminated star in Virginia Highlands by Hand in Hand (guy)
- Red CLA 250, sport package (I think) on 75/85 going northbound north of ATL
- Mountain Gray CLA 250, non-sport package going southbound on 75 around midtown area

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Not from Georgia, but a huge Allman Bros. fan and in particular, Berry Oakley bass lines. Been playing them forever. Carry on and eat a peach for peace, as Duane said. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Union City Here. You'll see the me accelerating rapidly on the metro interstates sometime in October.

I see tons of the White CLA 250s and the Mountain Gray CLA 250 on my commute to work. You first notice his lights from about half a mile away and then you see the the rapid lane changes.. then you hear the engine, then the swoosh as he passes you by, then a lane change and he's gone.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts