Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any interest in organizing a track day? Petite Talladega is just across the border in Alabama. Safe track (middle of a cow pasture so nothing to hit) and tight (actually a motorcycle track). There is. 1 mile straight, so brief triple digits are possible. A couple years ago the price for all day was $1200. Max of 12 cars, max of four at a time in the track, and aggressive passing prohibited. You give way if anyone wants to pass. I did this just once. Very civilized, and a chance to stretch driving skills in a special car. Probably need to invite some Porsches to make the numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
479 Posts
Georgia CLA 250 reporting - south Atlanta area. I'd consider a track day, but I really don't feel the CLA has particularly impressive handing - body roll is notable, or maybe I'm feeling a tendency toward understeer and I tend to do better with a tendency toward oversteer in a vehicle. But... maybe my mind will change when I actually get to whip it around a bit other than when avoiding the craters in the road. That would be fun! And hasten my eventual removal and burning of the loud summer tires I have now.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Okay, around the ATL I've seen (is it you?):
- White CLA 250, non-sport package on I-20 going toward ATL
- Mountain Gray CLA 250 Edition 1 or CLA 45 (judging from the black wheels) around East Atlanta
- White CLA 250, non-sport package in Stockbridge (possibly same as above?)
- Silver CLA 250, sport package, illuminated star in Virginia Highlands by Hand in Hand
- Red CLA 250, sport package (I think) on 75/85 going northbound north of ATL
- Mountain Gray CLA 250, non-sport package going southbound on 75 around midtown area

...and the cars on dealer lots, of course.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Only if you have Jameson and a boat, brother.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Adding to the list of CLA's I've seen.

- Mountain Gray CLA 250, sport package, white interior on I-75 going north into Midtown area (guy)
- White CLA 250, non-sport package on I-20 going toward ATL (woman)
- Mountain Gray CLA 250 Edition 1 or CLA 45 (judging from the black wheels) around East Atlanta
- White CLA 250, non-sport package in Stockbridge (possibly same as above?; woman)
- Silver CLA 250, sport package, illuminated star in Virginia Highlands by Hand in Hand (guy)
- Red CLA 250, sport package (I think) on 75/85 going northbound north of ATL
- Mountain Gray CLA 250, non-sport package going southbound on 75 around midtown area

Reactions: JustSynthetic.com

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Not from Georgia, but a huge Allman Bros. fan and in particular, Berry Oakley bass lines. Been playing them forever. Carry on and eat a peach for peace, as Duane said. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Union City Here. You'll see the me accelerating rapidly on the metro interstates sometime in October.

I see tons of the White CLA 250s and the Mountain Gray CLA 250 on my commute to work. You first notice his lights from about half a mile away and then you see the the rapid lane changes.. then you hear the engine, then the swoosh as he passes you by, then a lane change and he's gone.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.