Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my 2008 C350 first change I made was to buy stainless AMG door pins. They look dead sexy in the car and do not get in the way when you rest your arm on the door. If I was ordering a BRAND NEW CLA I would for sure negotiate the AMG door pins with install when I do the deal. They cost $60 a pin plus labor is way to much money to spend. SO guys and gals make sure you get the AMG doors and replace those UGLY long plastic door pin.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HA wait till you put your arm up on the drivers door and u get poked hard because the door pin is not flush with the door sill

·
Registered
295 Posts
The doors lock automatic when you start driving. So the pins will be inside the door.

Thanks for the tip livestrong, I really like them and have ask my MB dealer if these pins fit the CLA.
If yes I definitely want them :big smile:

p.s. MB art. number is A0007660288

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes once the car starts and the car doors lock automatically the door pins sit flush with the doors sills SMOOTH and SEXY

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Contrary to what you mentioned, I don't speculate that that will happen often as there's no real need to put my arm up on the door.
I guess we all drive different. I rest my arm on the door while I sit at lights and drive OH well but it sure makes the car look sexier than those long plastic one for $30K+ car

·
Registered
202 Posts
First of all, your arm will never rest on the door where the pin is, Im pretty tall and that would be uncomfortable to have my arm so high up.

·
Registered
495 Posts
First of all, your arm will never rest on the door where the pin is, Im pretty tall and that would be uncomfortable to have my arm so high up.
I'm glad someone agrees with me. Plus, I have no reason to ride with my arm cocked up in the window because I'll probably have the A/C on or the heat. No need to try to stunt with you arm hanging out the window like an idiot!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well Baadmon when u drive a Nissan you just don`t get it
Actually my Nissan Maxima's sticker price was $40,000, I have no time to hang my arm out the window like I'm riding in a Flintstones car. I'll leave that up to u.

BTW, there's no need for you to contend with me on this over some door pins that are not gonna be viewed so highly as you are proclaiming.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I saw a 2013 SL63 at the MB dealership on Wednesday and noticed the chrome AMG door pins. They're a rectangular version which is unique to the higher models but they look awesome. I'm under the impression the CLA version is round, obviously so it fits in the door :rolleyes:

I put in an inquiry for my CLA45 order. According to my sales rep, the 45 is coming with these as standard. Since they were listed v1.0 ordering guide as a VPC option I wasn't sure if that would be the case. He's going to be checking again and get back to me.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
When I got my 2008 C350 first change I made was to buy stainless AMG door pins. They look dead sexy in the car and do not get in the way when you rest your arm on the door. If I was ordering a BRAND NEW CLA I would for sure negotiate the AMG door pins with install when I do the deal. They cost $60 a pin plus labor is way to much money to spend. SO guys and gals make sure you get the AMG doors and replace those UGLY long plastic door pin.
Three months after the CLA comes out, someone in China will sell a set on ebay for $9.95 with free shipping just like they did with the AMG valve stem caps.
So I will wait a bit before handing $245 to the dealer.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Isn't there some special installation instructions? If it's as simple as unscrewing the old one and putting in the new one then you may be right. However on the E-Class you need to remove the door panel. Also I thought they were $80 for a set of 4 from MB.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Isn't there some special installation instructions? If it's as simple as unscrewing the old one and putting in the new one then you may be right. However on the E-Class you need to remove the door panel. Also I thought they were $80 for a set of 4 from MB.
You are right. It is for 4

1 - 20 of 22 Posts