Mercedes CLA Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Haha I remember when I installed this way way back. I also remember noticing a more linear/controlled feel to it. I also questioned whether it was psychological haha! Ive been running mine for almost 4 years. I don't even remember how it felt without it lol.
I'm trying to keep my standards low so that I can be suprised when I install it. Wonder how it'll feel with my tune/K&N filter change, and colder plugs.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Any sound differences in cabin with windows down?
hmm, I really cant remember if I noticed any sound differences. Tho I will tell you I do hear the turbo spooling more, but I definitely dont hear the Blowoff Valve "whoosh" sound like how you do with a full on blowoff valve.

·
Registered
161 Posts
hmm, I really cant remember if I noticed any sound differences. Tho I will tell you I do hear the turbo spooling more, but I definitely dont hear the Blowoff Valve "whoosh" sound like how you do with a full on blowoff valve.
Yeah, I wish there was the best of both worlds. I feel like the BOV adds to the excitement of driving. Maybe an air intake will make it sound better inside the cabin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just installed on my 2017 CLA250 today. I ran into an issue where I could not get the DV+ to click into the factory solenoid properly. I had to really jam it in and now it's pretty much stuck into it. I can't even pull it apart from the factory solenoid. Did anyone else have this issue installing on their 2017/2018 CLA250?

All seems to be working fine and I just resent the ECU/transmission to get the car to relearn with the DV+ installed.. just wondering how I'm going to remove it when it comes time for servicing as I said it seems pretty much stuck to the solenoid.
Yes I had this issue and ended up breaking the diverter valve.
I sent it back to GFB and they refunded me for the DV+ but the OEM valve itself is still stuffed. So I went to Turbosmart and bought their VR-2 plug and play unit. I should have just done this the first time. It completely replaces the OEM diverter valve with 3 bolts and it comes with the right plug. Literally took 1 minute to install and had I done this from the beginning, i'd still have a working stock OEM diverter valve for when it comes time for servicing, warranty work or selling the car.

IMO I wouldn't waste my time with the GFB product with the plastic OEM diverter valve. Just get the metal Turbosmart product from the beginning and save yourself time and money. The plastic of the OEM diverter valve deforms and gets brittle with heat cycles, eventually the GFB "fix" will fail anyway.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I sent it back to GFB and they refunded me for the DV+ but the OEM valve itself is still stuffed. So I went to Turbosmart and bought their VR-2 plug and play unit. I should have just done this the first time. It completely replaces the OEM diverter valve with 3 bolts and it comes with the right plug. Literally took 1 minute to install and had I done this from the beginning, i'd still have a working stock OEM diverter valve for when it comes time for servicing, warranty work or selling the car.

IMO I wouldn't waste my time with the GFB product with the plastic OEM diverter valve. Just get the metal Turbosmart product from the beginning and save yourself time and money. The plastic of the OEM diverter valve deforms and gets brittle with heat cycles, eventually the GFB "fix" will fail anyway.

View attachment 64950
Damn that sucks to hear about the issue you had with the DV+. Mine managed to fit ok and no issues with my stock diverter valve. The Turbosmart one is a blowoff valve though right? How much did it set you back?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I looked into this and watched their install video where they had to take out the engine cover, ECU, entire intake box... and then finally replace the BOV. When you say literally, do you mean well... literally? :)

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
I looked into this and watched their install video where they had to take out the engine cover, ECU, entire intake box... and then finally replace the BOV. When you say literally, do you mean well... literally? :)
Really?

Not sure why all that other stuff needs to come out especially the intake ... nah

Maybe the engine cover cuz the edges are sharp (unless one rubbed those down day 1)

Either DV install is pretty brief time wise

·
Registered
82 Posts
which install video were you watching? was it for another car? the only videos I've seen that require you to do this are for the ford fiest st, golf gti and some other makes/models. the DV/BOV valve for the CLA250 only requires you to remove the engine cover.

On that note I've actually ordered the Turbosmart kompact em bov dual port vr2 which will give it a bit more noise over the GFB DV+ but will also still recirculate air back into the intake rather than just dump it all atmospherically. Should arrive sometime early next week and will see how it differs from the GFB DV+.

I'll be putting the DV+ up for sale in the Sale thread, if I end up liking the Turbosmart dual port bov more, if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just an update on my turbosmart kompact dual port em BOV. Installed it today and absolutely love it. Best of both worlds. Get the signature BOV kshhh sound as well as the the benefits of diverted valve recirculation. Only annoying thing was truing to tighten the the bolts cos the unit stuck out so close to the surrounding components where the bolts needed to sit. But got there in the end with patience and determination lol. I get awesome spoolling of turbo, cold air intake induction and blow off valve atmospheric release sounds. And exhaust of course. Beautiful.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts