Mercedes CLA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I was showing this new mount to a friend of mine who has 4 cars ('64 T-Bird, '67 Vette, VW Thing, anonymous daily driver) and mentioned that the tradeoff was that the iPhone blocked the screen. My workaround was to tilt the phone down so it blocked less.

My friend took a look and suggested I move it over between the 2nd & 3rd vents instead of having it between the 1st & 2nd vents.

Brilliant!

It no longer blocks the writing on the screen, and is but a couple of inches over.

IMG_0551.jpg

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I was showing this new mount to a friend of mine who has 4 cars ('64 T-Bird, '67 Vette, VW Thing, anonymous daily driver) and mentioned that the tradeoff was that the iPhone blocked the screen. My workaround was to tilt the phone down so it blocked less.

My friend took a look and suggested I move it over between the 2nd & 3rd vents instead of having it between the 1st & 2nd vents.

Brilliant!

It no longer blocks the writing on the screen, and is but a couple of inches over.
View attachment 63224
Excellent! I have an iPhone 8, so it's not an issue for me. I assume KUSC is USC's college radio station. I listen to KALX, Cal's radio station, which I love.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Excellent! I have an iPhone 8, so it's not an issue for me. I assume KUSC is USC's college radio station. I listen to KALX, Cal's radio station, which I love.
Though KUSC's broadcast does originate from the campus of USC, it's LA's sole classical public service radio station.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Im an idiot. I should have realized my vents in my 250 are the same as the AMG vents lol. It does not fit, I was so excited. Might just go for the CD slot one now. Good thing I bought from amazon

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Im an idiot. I should have realized my vents in my 250 are the same as the AMG vents lol. It does not fit, I was so excited. Might just go for the CD slot one now. Good thing I bought from amazon
View attachment 64736 View attachment 64737
I thought they were the same size. Too bad! As someone who uses the CD player off and on, this is perfect for me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
They actually would have fit if you wedged the thin part of the mount under the vent rings. That’s how they install. They fit really snug.

Based on your picture, the 250 looks like it has the same vent rings and spacing as the 45.

View attachment 64736 View attachment 64737

·
Registered
500 Posts
They actually would have fit if you wedged the thin part of the mount under the vent rings. That’s how they install. They fit really snug.

Based on your picture, the 250 looks like it has the same vent rings and spacing as the 45.
Oh it works in your 45? Hmm, I'll give it another go. Did you pull your vent out/partially out to install it?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh it works in your 45? Hmm, I'll give it another go. Did you pull your vent out/partially out to install it?

I don’t have a 45, but looking the way you positioned the mount, the thin part of the mount is exposed. Once installed, that thin part should bd under the vent ring. You might have slightly lift the ring to wedge it in for it to fit.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Installing it on my 250 did not involve pulling up the vents, just snapping the two pieces together.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don’t have a 45, but looking the way you positioned the mount, the thin part of the mount is exposed. Once installed, that thin part should bd under the vent ring. You might have slightly lift the ring to wedge it in for it to fit.

Ah, yeah I didn't think of that cause of the video @Rapidfirerob shared. I'll give it a go, it looks like you tucked that exposed part inside the vent ring? Is that correct?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ah, yeah I didn't think of that cause of the video @Rapidfirerob shared. I'll give it a go, it looks like you tucked that exposed part inside the vent ring? Is that correct?
Yep. After the mount is tucked in, the vent ring is lifted up just enough to put a finger nail under it (near the mount). It’s not noticeable at all.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts