Mercedes CLA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yep. After the mount is tucked in, the vent ring is lifted up just enough to put a finger nail under it (near the mount). It’s not noticeable at all.
Thanks man, appreciate the help! It attached exactly like how you said. There is a small gap between the two parts, but it can be forced under the vent - so I'll fix that later.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks man, appreciate the help! It attached exactly like how you said. There is a small gap between the two parts, but it can be forced under the vent - so I'll fix that later.

View attachment 64738
Push the top and bottom parts together so there’s no gap when they meet up. It should make it more rigid too.

·
Registered
502 Posts
@traxem thank, just forced them together. Nice and solid. Love it.
Either that or trim down the thin tabs a little so they still wedge in but without lifting the trim ring ... just a thought
I'll give that a go if it somehow pops out the vent cover or if the small gap begins to bother me lol.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
@SunsetCLA
Either way hope it stays put without issue
A temperature app may show if the vents in proximity do any good to keep the phone cooler
All that's required is reaching over to touch the phone, and if your air is on, it'll be ice cold.

The winter will be a different matter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow! That auto close/open looks amazing. Did you have to butcher the ball joint or was a simple plug and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I honestly don’t remember where I got the motorized wireless-charging phone holder. But I found similar ones on Amazon for around $17. Mine is silver, but I guess they also make gold ones.

MixBirly Compatible with Wireless Smart Sensor Car Charger Mount IR Intelligent Sensing Auto Clamping 10 W Fast Air Vent Holder for iPhone Xs XR XS Max X 8 8+ for Galaxy S9/9+ S8/8+ S7/7 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QQTN9ZX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_v.hyDbDRXA6MK

KMI CHOU Wireless Car Charger,Automatic Clamping IR Intelligent Wireless Car Charger Mount - Car Charger Holder 10W Fast Charging for iPhone Xs Max/XR/X/8/8Plus Samsung S10/S9/S8/Note 8 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TJZ8R7H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_p9hyDbYFSY915

Here it is with the wifey’s phone:

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
The new fancy interiors need an auto opening phone cradle in an auto opening center console with voice command option ...
“Hey Mercedes open phone cradle and hit my playlist once connected and block all calls from the woman ...”
“Sure boss please insert your phone when ready and please note the woman will be pissed ...”

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The new fancy interiors need an auto opening phone cradle in an auto opening center console with voice command option ...
“Hey Mercedes open phone cradle and hit my playlist once connected and block all calls from the woman ...”
“Sure boss please insert your phone when ready and please note the woman will be pissed ...”
Trouble on the way!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, guys, for every mount you need the brodit holder. It fits perfect.
I cant post the link, google for Brodit.com Item 654813

61 - 80 of 89 Posts