Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mercedes CLA250e, received as a lease car brand new last week of February this year.

I immediately noticed that, while using Waze via CarPlay, the location was incorrect.
After a quick analysis I found out that the car's GPS was connected with 0 satellites and therefore my Waze was also acting up.

Intervention 1: firmware update --> NOK
Intervention 2: cabler replacement --> NOK
Intervention 3: new 'CPU' as they called it --> OK for 2 days.

This morning, same story once more. It's at the dealer for at least a month now.

Anyone has encountered a similar issue? I have a feeling it might be cause by CarPlay, but that might be utter nonsense.

·
Registered
284 Posts
surely carplay is through your phone, does the in car satnav not work at all, or am i missing something

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
surely carplay is through your phone, does the in car satnav not work at all, or am i missing something
Well once you use CarPlay (wired in my case), it's the car's satnav location which is being used inside Waze.
My satnav is not working, connects to no satellites at all, and this impacts CarPlay as well.

So I cannot use the built-in satnav, and my CarPlay becomes useless as I cannot use that either to navigate.

·
Registered
284 Posts
play at your own risk, is a couple of options like antenna diagnose and reset positioning calibration data , but all sounds risky

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The complete MBUX has been replaced.

Curious if the problem will be resolved now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts