Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I plan to purchasing my CLA and put deposit last month. Then I found out a fleet program. Usually a dealer gives you 10% discount on at least 10 cars. Since this is new model, it is difficult to get discount. So I wonder why we get together to negotiate our purchase together. Please let me know how you think.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I plan to purchasing my CLA and put deposit last month. Then I found out a fleet program. Usually a dealer gives you 10% discount on at least 10 cars. Since this is new model, it is difficult to get discount. So I wonder why we get together to negotiate our purchase together. Please let me know how you think.
Which dealership?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I don't think fleet purchasing is the same as what in-essence would be a "group buy"... :confused:

As far as negotiating/discounting, there are ways to do such (as oft discussed on this forum, as well as on the interwebz). Definitely a case of YMMV, w/ the CLA being a brand-new release in the U.S. And, but- of'course dealer (past purchase/service relationship & history), location (large metros), and personal/professional affiliations (company purchasing programs, USAA, Costco, insurer buying-services, etc) can all factor in.

Reactions: Sila

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for replies. A dealer I contacted says we would get about 10% if we get ten people buying together. Even not close to 10%, we can pick any dealer that offers maximum discount on our purchase. Let dealers to compete among them. Once we get together, we contact all MB dealers in the N. Cal. Any dealer wants business if they know it goes to other dealers especially large number. If you can, please check your local dealer and let me know.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Interesting for sure! So, ~10% pre-TTL discount would roughly be ~$3.5k off an MSRP of ~35k (which is a light-to-moderate equipped CLA). That's pretty darn good for an unreleased brand-new model.

I look forward to the MB online configurator to finally going live, because then other car buying/discounting configurators (USAA, Costco, AAA, etc) will become functional for the CLA & give an idea of their discount/concession that can be extended towards a build.

I'd be content w/ ~5% off MSRP for a September delivery, and ~10% off MSRP would make me rather pleased...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Interesting for sure! So, ~10% pre-TTL discount would roughly be ~$3.5k off an MSRP of ~35k (which is a light-to-moderate equipped CLA). That's pretty darn good for an unreleased brand-new model.

I look forward to the MB online configurator to finally going live, because then other car buying/discounting configurators (USAA, Costco, AAA, etc) will become functional for the CLA & give an idea of their discount/concession that can be extended towards a build.

I'd be content w/ ~5% off MSRP for a September delivery, and ~10% off MSRP would make me rather pleased...
Same here!! 10% is a sizable discount!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think this is a good idea I think that works!i
mportant would be that initially only a single buyer 10 piece cla requests!
You can get free 1 cla.
(you give the El chorizo then because he has made this beautiful website! ) :smile:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments. I start to list up who want to join this:

clalover, ppiano23

I am not sure others live outside of N. Cal. If you like to join, please let me know!

·
Registered
515 Posts
i think thats a good idea, in fact because you bring this to your dealer you may be entitled to even a larger discount and maybe a Free CAR... lol
now what if????

·
Registered
730 Posts
Pretty sure this would apply to a COMPANY purchase, not individuals.
My thought, as well. I don't think this will fly, but good for them if it does. . .

·
Banned
990 Posts
How to Buy a New Car Through Fleet Sales: 7 steps (with pictures)

If you're buying a new car, you may want to consider going through fleet sales. Fleet sales are aimed at business buyers, people buying cars for companies, but many fleet departments will sell to the public when asked. It can be an easier way to buy a car, with a minimum of negotiation and time spent at the dealership. Since you're essentially buying wholesale, it can get you a better deal on the car you want.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thank you guys for all of your input. Basically we try to get volume discount.

clalover, ppiano23, kennyjr748

P.S. I am also using other site and my social sites and have one person will join. So actually there are 4 now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Me too! Putting my deposit in this weekend... that makes it -

clalover, ppiano23, kennyjr748, <<insert 4th name>>, dhishum

Any specific dealers that you spoke to or are looking at? Thinking of putting in my deposit this weekend!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Although I put my deposit at one of local MB dealers, we will choose a dealer gives us the biggest discount. Since our deposit is all refundable, it doesn't hurt me or you in case we didn't buy from the dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Makes sense... all in for it! I envision the 10 of us picking up the cars all on the same day at the same time (if possible) and then driving into the sunset.... \m/

(ok that was too dramatic :D)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Makes sense... all in for it! I envision the 10 of us picking up the cars all on the same day at the same time (if possible) and then driving into the sunset.... \m/

(ok that was too dramatic :D)
Sound good to me!!

1 - 20 of 183 Posts