Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys- not sure how practical this would be, but I'm betting we have dozens of serious buyers in the 400 miles between Boston, NY metro, Philly, Baltimore, DC metro. If we all got together, or at least shared info, this could be quite beneficial.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If you find a dealer interested in offering discounts, put them into contact with me, we can get them advertising here on the site.
I was literally just thinking that! Not to mention I may join-in on the "group buy" & drive-back from the north'east w/ a few stops on the way back to visit family=friends. I'd say 10%+ off would make me consider such... :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Count me in too, can't wait to see the cla45, I'm in delaware and my dealer will reach out in aug about more info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in NJ just outside of NYC and definitely game. There are a few dealers in my area that could be potentially interested. On a side note just saw the CLA 250 in person at the NYC auto show and it is gorgeous.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm also in NJ. I would be interested in getting the AMG variant as well as some others. But to be honest, ill only do it if we can get around 10% off MSRP and nothing less. :) Btw, do these group purchasing things work for leases too or no?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Is this something common with Mercedes? Because I have never heard of a group buy-in with other manufacturers (BMW, Audi, etc..) and I've been on top of the whole car buying experience for some time now.

Who's actually participated successfully in a group buy-in? Because I'm really skeptical about this.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is this something common with Mercedes? Because I have never heard of a group buy-in with other manufacturers (BMW, Audi, etc..) and I've been on top of the whole car buying experience for some time now.

Who's actually participated successfully in a group buy-in? Because I'm really skeptical about this.
I've been buying new cars for 20+ years (whoa, that's longer than a few here have been on here planet Earth!), and this whole private-purchase "group buy" dealio is new-to-me. With that said, I too was VERY skeptical as well. I believe it'll comedown to the dealership business-model (high-volume, large market, allocation limitations, etc) AND fleet-sales manager interest & inclincation.

I think I've decided that I'll do an out of state/region purchase via one of these group buy if the discount is 10% off MSRP. Otherwise, I believe there can be at least $1,500 or so (+/- $500) through a car-buying service, which is about 5%'ish discount.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been buying new cars for 20+ years (whoa, that's longer than a few here have been on here planet Earth!), and this whole private-purchase "group buy" dealio is new-to-me. With that said, I too was VERY skeptical as well. I believe it'll comedown to the dealership business-model (high-volume, large market, allocation limitations, etc) AND fleet-sales manager interest & inclincation.

I think I've decided that I'll do an out of state/region purchase via one of these group buy if the discount is 10% off MSRP. Otherwise, I believe there can be at least $1,500 or so (+/- $500) through a car-buying service, which is about 5%'ish discount.
I'm up there with you, grandpa :wink: Never did a group-buy either. But this inter-web thingy wasn't around to help us connect to other buyers.

I am skeptical too, but I figure- the buying services have to make something (overhead + profit) so if they give you 5%, they must get 7-10% from the manufacturer. Perhaps we can tap into that additional discount. No harm in trying.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
It's going to depend on the dealer and how hungry they are to steal some sales away from other local dealers at the cost of extra profit on a car that isn't even yet on the market. I'm in CT (Fairfield County) right outside of NYC. I am betting that these things are going to sell well here. I'm skeptical as to whether any dealers in the area will be game to play but I'd love to hear more if anyone finds a dealer interested. I can't see any dealer in DC discounting the price enough to warrant a 6hr drive but who knows? There are a lot of Merc dealers in the NYC metro area though. So, who is organizing this thing? :)

-Eric

·
Registered
106 Posts
first we need a group of 10 or however many.

if we have that then we can go around negotiating a group buy and see who bites.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would be interested as well. I'm in Arlington, Va just outside DC.
I don't know how easy it is to get a group buy going on a car that'll sell like hotcakes here, but I'm in.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Heck, find me enough people in the NY metro area and when we get a little closer to the release date I'll reach out to a few dealers in the area myself!

-Eric

1 - 20 of 39 Posts